25

JIMIN FOCUS:

"Wow, one would almost think you are in love with her" a female voice from the doorway alerted Jimin, who sat up stiff in his bed, holding his breath with eyebrows furrowed.

"Hello," she came near and smiled, holding out a large bouquet of exotic flowers "How are you feeling?"

He didn't say anything so she put the flowers in a nearby vase and sat near him on his bed.

"I shouldn't have startled you like so," She touched his hair, running her fingers through them. He wanted to tell her to stop but he just couldn't.

"And I know what I did to you back then was wrong, but... we were just kids. We were immature. I'm not that person anymore"

"And yet the first thing you ask me in years is to help you get him" he scoffed.

"Jimin, you know I come from a political family. My Father is soon going to run for the president, and we'll need a big name on our back. And Taehyung's family will need a strong political ally too. It has been the tradition for years. He has to marry someone from a background like mine, so why not me? I'm the first girl he... you know what happened. So why can't I spend the rest of my life with him as his wife?"

"He doesn't love you, that's why"

She chuckled.

"Oh please. He's never going to marry someone he loves. You and I both know that. In our circle, the best you can get is if the other person loves you. And that's what I'm trying to do for him"

"He loves her way too much to let go of her just like that"

"And that's why I want you to help me. You know it's not a bad deal. You can have her, and Taehyung will be mine"

"What if I don't want to help?"

"Then You're going to be the one taking a loss. Taehyung has to marry me, whether he likes it or not. The families will take this decision. She can choose to be a mistress if she wants. Eventually I will win him over. Then she can live the life lived before by plenty of mistresses Taehyung's father left. In misery and poverty"

"No..."

"Or, you could convince her to leave him. This way, all of us will be happy. You know you can make her happy, right?"

"I thought I could make you happy too"

"It wasn't your fault Jimin. I wronged you,"

"I don't want her to be miserable..."

"Neither do I. That's why you have to do something Jimin. You deserve to be happy. So does she. You can make her forget him. And I can make him forget her. We'll all be happy at the end of it"

"W-what do I have to do?"

She inhaled a deep breath.

"My parents will talk to him at the upcoming Grand Annual Ball by this Russian conglomerate. It'll be an official proposal. He will have no way out of it. Even in ancient times, the Prince always had to marry the daughter of either the prime minister or the General. Whichever was available first. It's the tradition. His family will proceed with it, regardless of what he wants. He might hide it from her, and I want you to tell her about it. That's how she'll start trusting you more. Then you can convince her that he's going to leave her like his father left his mistresses. Maybe let her meet one of them. Taehyung will give in, that's for sure. But I don't want her to come with him as an unwanted part of the deal"

"But..."

"I told you I'm not that person anymore Jimin, that's why I'm trying to save her and you. I've plenty of ways to get rid of her. In fact, I could just let it be, what's it to me if she has to eat dirt and rats..."

"She's a medical student, she won't end up like those women who depended solely on his father's income"

"I hope so. I hope she isn't heartbroken enough to leave everything in the mid of it..."

Jimin considered it. He remembered exactly how she looked when Taehyung had first left her. He didn't have it in him to see her like that again.

He knew he might've to retire sooner as a singer because his fans would never put up with his relationship, he knew he would have to give up on his controversial life style, but he was ready to give it all up if it meant saving y/n.

He would do it twenty times over for her and still not regret it.

"Okay, I'll do it... I'll make her leave him, no matter what I have to do to make it happen" he nodded as he looked at her.

A/N:

It's cooking 🤓