30

I was in Minho's car, we had just left the building when i received a message.

It was from Rosa.

Rosa was that drop dead gorgeous girl from our class I had gotten to know better after she defended me for the first time that day. She was a really nice girl and we had connected quite good. She covered me all the time during my absences due to Taehyung-matters and gave me her notes to copy from as soon as I got back. She did ask me several times where I had been but i just came up with some lame excuse every time and later felt really bad, wishing I had just told her the truth instead.

So, Rosa wanted help immediately with a, quoting her "life-death matter".

I got worried and told Minho to drop me off at Rosa's place instead. She lived in a posh apartment just a little away from the university.

As soon as the door opened and I entered the apartment, someone jumped me. I almost screamed but the realised it was just my friend.

"You scared me," I frowned a little " Are you okay?"

"No!! I'm not!! Can't you see I've been crying!!"

"What happened?"

"I'm going to tell you on the way, come with me?" she held my hand and dragged me outside. She shoved me in a cab and jumped in herself.

"Look, I've to ask you for a favour, please don't say no. Promise you won't say no?"

I should've asked what it was but the people pleaser that I was and seeing her condition, I promised right away.

"So, my cousin is dating this really rich guy and she gets to have so much fun you have no idea. Now he's on this yacht and has invited her over. So I have never been on a yacht and I am dying like dying to get on one. So I asked if I could come and..."

Please don't say what I think you're about to say.

"SHE SAID YES! SHE SAID HE'S THERE WITH FAMILY AND HE SAID SHE COULD BRING TWO PEOPLE WITH HER AS GUESTS TO THE YACHT!!"

"And..."

"And you know there's no one I love more than you so I want you to come with me and experience this ONCE IN A LIFETIME THING!!"

"Rosa??" I was in a shock.

"I know right? Like, can you believe it? And besides, I just broke up with Taemin so maybe this will cheer me up"

"I thought you were dating Yeoseob"

"That was before. I started dating Taemin last night and we broke up in the afternoon today"

"What? I.. Look,"

"Oh, I get it, you probably are used to luxuries like that... but... can't you do it for me?"

"Rosa please tell me we're not..." 

The cab came to a halt.

"I knew you wouldn't say no, you're love" she smooched my cheek and opened the passenger's seat door. A twenty five year occupied the seat and the cab was on its way again.

"This is my cousin Chae, Chae meet my best friend y/n"

Chae greeted me with kindness and started talking about how she wanted us to behave on the yacht. She was actually nice, if only she'd given me the chance to ask Rosa a few questions.

"Look, don't scream too much, okay? He hates it when someone other than me screams and you know when do i scream? No, you're kids I can't tell you that"

"We've had fair share of our screams but okay" Rosa nudged me and snickered.

"So, don't scream. And don't go into any of the bedrooms, that'S like... rude... Don't act drunk and..."

And before I could ask Rosa anything, we were on the harbour. 

"Rosa!! Where are you taking me??" i hissed as she held my hand and dragged me towards a ship. Or was that a yacht. It looked the size of fucking titanic and dang if someone other than HIM owned that.

"It's a yacht! I told you! We're staying for two hours only so relax!" she pushed me onboard where a gentleman offered me slippers, just when I was about to turn around and run for my life.

Great, so my shoes were confiscated too.

"Welcome, hot stuff" a man stretched out his hand towards her Chae, who took it while still scrolling on her phone. He had an average height, a perfect tan and a muscular figure. He was good looking, but there was something unsettling about his eyes.

"These are my guests" she told the guy.

He nodded at us with his sharp eyes glinting.

"We'll be in the bedrooms" he winked at us and put his hand around her shoulder.

"If Tiktok works" Chae rolled her eyes and walked away with him.

"Come on!" Rosa grabbed my hand and ran up the stairs to one of the decks "A boat will take us back don't worry. You'll be back home before sunset"

"It's..."

"The wind feels so nice! Let's go ask someone for drinks"

"it'll look bad..."

"No it won't, technically they should've offered us but trust my cousin to start behaving like a rabbit right away"

"Who is that guy?" I asked.

"Don't care literally as long as I am on his family's yacht sipping free drinks"

We got to another deck but regretted soon because there was a couple arguing there quite loudly.

"No I'm not doing that. No way"

"Look, I know you hate them but just for me, hmm? Just for me don't claw out his face, please?"

"I'll just scratch a little..."

"No, not even a little"

"Please?"

The guy saw us and motioned at us so she could know there were people around. The girl turned around and as soon as she saw me, she screamed.

"y/n!" she ran at me and hugged me. I realised it was the girl, Hana, I had shared the spicy rice cakes with some time ago.

"Imagine seeing you here!" she chimed.

"My friend brought me here"

"Hello" she hugged Rosa "You're so lucky to be her friend, i'm jealous. She didn't even call me"

"My phone changed I..."

"BUT NOW I HAVE YOU HERE! NAMJOON? You remember her?"

"Kind of" he replied.

"Well, sorry babe, I gotta catch up with these babes so I don't know..."

"Okay" he laughed and nodded.

She got us to the top deck and we talked. Rosa looked a little uncomfortable and she said she was going to leave after sometime because her cousin had left her favourite hat at home. I got up too but Hana wouldn't let me go. In the end, Rosa left with her cousin while i stayed as I was promised a safe passage after the dinner or in the morning later whenever I preferred.

"So, how's your boyfriend" she wiggled her eyebrows.

"He... I don't think it's going to..." I looked towards the staircase at an emerging figure and my heart stopped.

In the golden glow of thousands of fairy lights, clad in black custom suit was the man who I loved more than anyone else, and who had hurt me more than anyone else.

I held my breath as he came nearer, never breaking eye contact.

"Hello, my love" his deep voice sent shivers down my spine as I blinked at him blankly.

A/N:

THIS IS NOT A CLIFFHANGER IT'S A SPREE