⚠️Gaurdian Demon - Rain

Decided to write smth with a lil' angst. Warning is just for verbal abuse and mentions and thoughts of self-harm. Preteen-teenaged reader.

~

You felt the lump rise in your throat as your mom buffed past you, spitting things at you.

"Why must you always lay around and do nothing?" She shook her head as she started sweeping the floor.

"What do you mean I do nothing? I wake up every morning for school, come home, do homework, try to maintain my room so it looks nice, talk to my friends for a little bit then go to bed! For someone my age, I do a lot more then most!" You spat back, regret flooding you as she turned to glare at you.

"Don't you talk back to me! Just go to your room. And leave your phone on the counter!" She yelled, making you clench your jaw. You slammed your phone down and quickly running back to your room. You shut the door and locked it, flopping down on the bed and grabbing one of your pillows to hold against you. You felt a calming hand on your shoulder, making you slowly open your eyes and turn your head.

"You okay, little one?" The blue-eyed demon purred, his tail flicking beside him.

"I-I'm fine Rain. Mom is just being a pain right now." You mumbled as you turned away. The bed shifted as Rain settled himself beside you, his side pressed against your back.

"You want to talk about it?" He asked, watching as you fidgeted with the ponytail around your wrist.

"No." You sighed, snapping the ponytail against your skin.

"I wish you'd give me my blade back." You sighed.

"No. If your mad or want to hurt something, use me. Not like you can really do any damage." Rain shrugged, his tail comfortingly wrapping around your waist.

"No. I-I'm not hurting you." You whispered hoarsely. You closed your eyes as you felt his arms around you as he turned you close to him. You wrapped your arms around his waist, burying your face in his chest as you let the tears flow freely.

"There you go. Let it out." Rain cooed, running his hand over your scalp and through your hair.

"I can't do this anymore!" You sobbed, clutching onto him tighter.

"Yes you can Y/n. I believe in you. Even if no one else does, I do. I know you. You won't give up and admit defeat. You can do it, you just need to believe in yourself." Rain said calmly. You sucked in a breath, thinking his words over.

"Yea, your right." You sighed.

"It's not always gonna be easy, but you can do it." He encouraged.

"Thanks Rain." You whispered as you sat up, looking at him, blinking away tears.

"Now, go and finish your homework. I'll try and help you." Rain encouraged with a smile. You nodded quietly, getting up and sitting down at your desk, allowing Rain to rub your shoulder softly as you asked him math problems, your troubles melting away at his touch.