10

New Jersey

New Jersey

a couple days had past and Tamara was still smiling about the time that she had spent with Demetrius. it was like they had fallen back into their rhythm before the drama poked its way into their lives. he was now back in Miami and Tamara found herself missing him more than ever. she was in the midst of her work day and found herself zoning out as she filed her clients nails. she was getting finished with her last client of the day and she couldn't be more thankful. she began to buff her clients nails before she spoke up, "you have any plans for the weekend?"

"no not really, it might be nice out so we'll see how it goes. what about you?" Tamara asked as she began to paint on the designs.

"there's supposed to be this festival in the city, im thinking bout going. you should definitely try to come, too," she responded with a chipper smile.

"definitely send me the details. i'll check it out," Tamara nodded her head in response before smiling. she finished up her nails and applied cuticle oil before snapping a couple pictures. "okay you are all done my love," she smiled satisfied with the final product.

"thanks sis! i love them so much!" her clients smiled before handing her the money, "keep the change for tip," she grabbed her belongings before trailing over to the door.

"thank you! have a great day babes!" Tamara waved as her clients wished her the same. she closed the door behind her before letting out a deep sigh. her back had slightly ached and her hands were cramping from working all day. she paced to her room before flicking on the lights seeing her room was still perfectly intact. she grabbed her rolling tray before proceeding to roll up a joint. she grabbed her lighter, flicking it causing the flame to shoot out. she inhaled the smoke and exhaled letting the relaxing feeling take over her body. she always looked forward to her after work blunt because it helped her unwind for the night. she took a couple more pulls before she grabbed her business phone and began replying back to the few messages that accumulated throughout the day. she sighed tossing it to the side before she put her half smoked joint in the ashtray.

she trudged over to the kitchen before looking around the fridge seeing what she would be cooking for dinner tonight. she seen she took out a pack of chicken and nodded her head slightly before taking it out. she went over to the sink and washed her hands before she began grabbing all the necessary item to make orange chicken and rice. she chopped her chicken tossing it into a bowl before seasoning it slightly and setting it aside. she grabbed her oranges and cut them so she could juice them. once she had made her sauce concoction she set it aside and made sure she put on a pot of rice. she fried her chicken before putting it into a pan with the sauce and making sure sure to coat every piece. she smiled as the sweet aroma graced her nose and went to check her rice. seeing everything was finished, she began playing her food before adding a sprinkle of sesame seeds. "im boutta crushhhhh," she snapped a quick picture sending it to Meech  before grabbing her fork and sitting at her island. she dug in leaving the fork clanking being the only noise that could be heard. she grubbed until her plate was clean before she sat back rubbing her belly. "that was too good," she smiled before grabbing her paper plate and tossing it in the trash. she washed off her fork before turning off the lights and waltzing out of the kitchen.