Itachi Part 17 Going Off The Deep End

~

It were finally over and done with.

His body tipped forward crashing in the dirt and you felt yourself stumble backward and catch yourself against a tree for support. You dug your nails into the bark just to keep yourself upright as you struggled to cope with the exhaustion of the fight.

These Jinchūriki.. they sure knew how to fight dirty..

It felt like all your chakra were spent. He had managed to burn you up quite badly in some spots and you could still feel the stinging of heat on your skin.

Now you just had to alert Pain for the sealment of the beast..

Once it were over you were going to need a seriously long nap and possibly a medic to check you out for any long term damage..

You were a little surprised making it this far on your own but you didn't have much of a choice.. Obito's threats had you on edge.

You took a moment before groaning and moving forward to grab the unconscious man. You heaved him over your shoulder contemplating where the nearest base were and sped for it.

~

Upon reaching the abandoned site you gently set the unconscious man down and closed your eyes searching for that connection in which Pain had instilled in each of you.

 Feeling that spark your eyes opened upon connection. 

You leapt up the statue residing on one of the fingertips as you watched him appear before you. His daunting eyes scanned your form and the room. Very soon the other members joined him showing up like flickering apparitions on each of the beasts' fingertips.

"Excellent work y/n." Pain commented as he violety eyes studied the man you brought fourth. 

You felt like collapsing but kept strong in front of them all.

"Thank you" you nodded.

It were completely obvious that Itachi weren't returning at this point and that you'd been trying to cover it up.

Pain studied you in silence. You could feel your nerves rise just waiting for his words.

At last he moved on commencing the sealment of the tailed beast to your relief.

He or Obito would deal with you later.

You let your head lean forward with a sigh feeling the weight off your shoulders. You'd done it. You'd completed the one thing they all needed of you and hopefully from here they'd let you off the hook..

You're not sure why you let yourself think this but it were a comforting idea.

~

After it were all over you were alone yet again. You jumped down from the statue and caught yourself before your knees could buckle. 

Had you not been drained before; you certainly were now.

You frowned glancing down at the burns you'd ignored up to this point. There were a few on your arms but a really bad one across your abdomen. It had seared right through your cloak and clothing leaving an unsightly mark. It still stung like it were fresh.