Itachi Part 18 Going Off The Deep End

~

You could feel the wind through your hair as you struggled to stay conscious in Sasuke's arms.

"Stay with me, we're almost there y/n" Sasuke reassured glancing down at you as he rushed through the trees.

He were panting and had blood trickling down his temple.

"Speak for yourself" you half smiled up at him while feeling your eyelids grow heavier.

Following the fight with Deidara the two of you had narrowly escaped death when at the end of their face off he detonated himself in an otherworldly explosion.

You heard Sasuke chuckle under his breath at your comment. He weren't doing much better than you in the moment yet he somehow managed to keep going. 

He were considerably more stubborn in his adulthood than you would have anticipated.

Earlier he had told you that he were taking you home with him end of discussion.

You tried to argue and struggle your way free from him but he were much stronger than you in the moment and got his way of things.

In all honesty you were frightened to go home.. 

You would have put up a better fight had you not been so weak right now. In this state you really had no jurisdiction over where you went..

 Sasuke firmly took charge of you sweeping you up into his arms and that's what lead you up to this moment.

The image of your mom's old house and all the people you'd left behind rang through your mind as you slowly drifted away in Sasuke's arms.

Would Itachi be there too? 

~

As Sasuke reached the borders to Konahagakure, those in charge of the barrier were instantly alert to the vigilante in his arms.

"What is it?" Shisui looked at Itachi noticing him suddenly alert of something approaching.

Itachi had a deep frown on his face as he took a few steps forward and halted upon what he hoped weren't true.

Itachi had sensed his brother's chakra and when his brother came into sight landing with you in his arms he felt the anger boil within.

He thought he had told him not to interfere.

What's more, you appeared to be clinging onto life.

"Y/n!"

He were about to shoot forward on his feet when Shisui stopped him with his hand out.

"Look" Shisui nodded as Anbu proceed to surround you and Sasuke. Sasuke were highly annoyed with their intrusion and grew very defensive of you. From his perspective you were as good as dead if he handed you over.