Itachi Part 2 Going Off the Deep End

~

The two of you were young adults now.

You remember it were right after your graduation from the Chunin exams - Not for Itachi of course, he were the Konoha prodigy who joined the Anbu back when he were only 11 and skipping right past the exams. 

You'd remained close since your younger days and had started to develop feelings for one another.

 Neither of you had the guts to act on it though and that's when all the jealousy started erupting without either of you fully realising what were going on.

It didn't quite dawn on either of you that maybe there were a reason you two couldn't stand the idea of anyone getting close to the other.

He knew you'd caught the eye of many of the boys in your year while he constantly had Izumi chasing after him and trying to get between the two of you.

She had approached you right before your exam telling you to stay away from Itachi. You were immediately offended by it and even found yourself getting distracted before your match.  

Was she doing this to try and get in your head? You wondered this while biting your tongue to prevent saying anything you'd regret. Itachi had always taught you to be respectful to others no matter what.

She only laughed and continued on. "You know, he kissed me last night. He even told me he's trying to get away from you but feels guilty since you're childhood friends."

You balled your fists up unable to prevent her words from getting to your head. You were already heavily stressed out and hadn't slept much with all the anticipation of passing these exams. Now you were being tormented with information about Itachi that made you second guess everything.

You finally let her see your face and she paused before finally laughing.

"Awee, are you really crying? Haha y/n, you know I take sympathy on you. You should at least stand up for yourself. Itachi's not always going to be there to protect you. After all he's with me now. At least find a guy to make him jealous or something. Don't act so pathetic jeez." she adjusted her hair a little and behaved as though she were helping you with her suggestion.

"NEXT ROUND IS Y/N L/N VS (Random Shinobi's Name)"

You jolted hearing your name called as Izumi just kind of looked at you and waited.

"Well? Go on, and don't lose otherwise you'll have nothing to your name" she stated and you felt the pit in your stomach form. You were already nervous but now you just felt unstable.

You slowly walked out to the centre of the field surrounded by the immense crowds of people. Your face looked ghostly and you didn't even look like you knew where you were right now. You felt like you might faint or something while Izumi just watched on with a smirk. "She's too gentle for this line of work, I'm probably doing her a favour" she said to herself.

Itachi weren't even allowed to witness your fight in the way he had wanted to. He was on guard duty. Him and the other Anbu were present but had to stay focused on protecting the place.