Finding Solace

Getting permission from Ronal was terrifying, as Tsireya asked, you stayed on the outskirts of the group way in the back. But when she said yes you were jumping out the door ready to go. Calling an Ilu with Tsireya and the others you jumped in the water as soon as yours arrived. You had to wait for Tsireya so she could lead you, when she came into the water she also waited for the others. As soon as everyone was ready you were off, she took you to a new part of the sea, slightly outside the reef. There was new coral, new fish, new sights that had your mouth slightly open and smiling.

You were still in the back of the group as you had fallen slightly behind to sightsee. You kept your eyes forward, however, still keeping note of where the others were, especially Neteyam. You loved the sights but your eyes felt drawn to him. Why, you didn't know, maybe you were just getting comfortable with him. You followed him and the others when they surfaced. Taking in a breath as you saw magically beautiful rocks. One above, so close you might've been able to hit your head. "We are here." The scenery had caught your breath now, you were just in continual awe of Pandora's beauty. Those floating rocks reminded you of the forest, and it was stunning. You were stunned, it was so jaw-droppingly gorgeous that you could barely move, the only way you were able to keep up with the others was your trusted Ilu. "This is the cove of the ancestors." You were still entranced by your surroundings, you just couldn't take enough of it in. It was the most beautiful place you had ever seen in your life, nothing compared. "Our most sacred place."

Your eyes started to move down from the floating rocks and along the vines, in your vision, a new scenery might have changed your mind instantly. Neteyam was still admiring the surrounding behind you, his eyes started venturing further and up, the sun again loving his body. You moved closer to him instinctually. Still loving the view of the sun clinging onto his body with a glow deserving of only him. There was a small shift in the sun that made the light wrap around him now with a golden glow. He squinted at the bright light, you didn't, you wanted to keep your eyes on him. "Eclipse is the best time of day to be here." He brought his hand up to guard his eyes against the light, allowing his eyes to relax and finally notice you close to him. "Are you ready?" Smiling still you felt an eyebrow raise. "For what?" His regular smile appeared. "To connect to Eywa." He spoke softly as you were both close enough that your Ilus was about to hit the others fin as they floated above the water. "I am..." You took a moment, your eyes moved away from his and back to the gorgeous environment. "Ready, and excited." You spoke just as softly, smiling wider as you finished your words.

Turning back to him his smile was solely directed at you. You were really starting to love this place, this place felt like home. "We shall wait until Eclipse is upon us to go under." Tsireya was still in the lead, the sun was now fleeting fast, with the sun leaving Neteyam's body his spots started to glow. The sun may have loved to hug him and give him a glow but you loved those stars. They only shined brighter the longer you looked. "This is it." The sun was completely gone and the water underneath you gave a glow that was different than the sun. "This is the spirit tree." Giving one look to Neteyam and him to you. You both eagerly looked down, seeing a tree submerged in water, glowing with its own bioluminescence. From your view above it looked like a flower, its petals glowing and giving direction for you all. When you swam underneath you left your Ilu, and immediately swam down to the tree itself. When you felt the tree it was warm and gave you a sense of comfort. Then looking to Roxto he smiled and indicated for you to connect with the tree. You then pulled your Kuru forward, gave Neteyam a glance as he was already connected. Then proceeded to make Tsaheylu.

You had been told about how Na'vi would connect to the spirit tree and in a sense upload their memories and mind. That's what you were doing, looking through your memories as they appeared in front of you. As all of your old memories appeared, the one that happened to stick out to you was just you, human you, and your father. The place was a mess, nothing was in its place. Nothing was cleaned and there was dirt on both of you, you were both barely breathing as you both had to share one breathing mask. The smoke and fog were so heavy in the house all you both could do was cuddle together and share the mask. You could do nothing else, as your very young self took in a long breath. She was small and weak, relying solely on her father for that next breath of life. To others, the scene would have been one that would incur feelings of pity but for you it was different. There were those feelings of fondness and a sense of home, but they were fleeting and replaced with feelings of resentment and anger.