chapter vii.

I tap my foot impatiently against the cold white ground

I tap my foot impatiently against the cold white ground. JJ sat in the chair besides me, his head resting in his hands. Sarah was on the other side of me, her hand in mine. Kie sat on the other side of JJ while Pope was dead asleep by Sarah.

My brother was in the opposite corner of the room, being questioned by two policemen. I watch as the policemen walk off, leaving Topper to stand alone. He presses his phone to his ear, beginning to talk frantically to someone.

I furrow my eyebrow's together, inspecting his movements as he looks around before walking into a empty hallway.

"I'll be right back." I whisper to Sarah.

I get up and quickly follow Topper, making sure he doesn't see me.

"Dad, I did it. Just like you asked. But I want my cut of the deal." There was a moment of silence before he continued.

"Yeah, yeah he's in the hospital. Ward's gonna gain custody of him. He should be on his way."

I quickly run out of the hallway and back to Sarah, causing Topper's head to turn at the sound of my steps.

"Sarah- Sarah he did it. It was all part of some plan-" I begin speaking rapidly, seeing JJ's head perk up.

"Slow down, Jules. What?" Sarah says, grabbing my arm.

"Topper. And our dads. They-" I feel a hand rest on my shoulder.

"Juliette. Dad wants us home."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I spin around.

He gives me a warning look. "We're going. You can see John B tomorrow." He wraps his fingers around my arm and tugs me along.

"Let go of me, Topper!" I say, everyone looking at us with wide eyes.

"Bro, she doesn't wanna go with you." JJ stands up, grabbing Topper's shoulder to spin him around.

"Jules. Let's go." Topper grits his teeth, ignoring JJ.

"You pushed him on purpose." My voice was shaky as I spoke, and I watched the anger fill his eyes.

I glance at JJ, expecting him to do something. But he looked like he was holding back. Like he couldn't do anything. Like he had already done something.

Topper begins slowly dragging me away, and I don't fight back. I watch as Kiara steps up, walking behind JJ and resting her hand on his shoulder.

"I can't get myself into deeper shit, Julie, okay? Just go. I'll see you tomorrow." What the fuck is he talking about?

"Go to your room, Juliette. I don't wanna hear another word from you." My father says to me sternly as he backs me out of his office.