Chapter 24

I cant fight yet since both optional opponents are to tired. I sigh, oh well.

The crowd is chanting for Sasuke to come out now. "Temari, what's going on? Is he really not going to show?" Kankuro whispers as his teammate returns. "He'll be here." The quiet red head speaks coldly but quietly. My ears prick at the sound. "He'll definitely be here."

"Alright, the time limit has expired so i'm officially calling this match-" Suddenly a whirlwind tore through the arena. The silver and Raven haired ninja appear. "And you are?" Asks Genma, a smirk on his face. Sasuke narrows his eyes with seriousness. "Sasuke, Uchiha." Ugh, he's sounding all cool again. Wait, did his hair get longer?

"We aren't late right? Sasuke's not disqualified right?" The silver jounin asked. "Like teacher like student, down to your lousy sense of time?" Genma chuckles. "So how late are we exactly?" Kakashi asks. "So late that we extended the deadline, twice. But no he's not disqualified." Gaara chuckles darkly. I look over at him to see the same horrifying look he had in the preliminaries.

"Okay listen. Gaara, don't let him throw of the plan-mmf" Temari covers his mouth and sends a wary glance at their teammate. "Now's not the time to talk to him, not unless you want to get yourself killed." Temari warned. Gaara walks away and down the stairs, I see a feudal lord nod and two ninja disappear. I follow him, knowing what those two would try. I stop and look around the corner, the two ninja take out a weapon. They immediately get killed, not quickly like usual, no this was drawn out in a sadistic manner.

After killing them, he continues walking but stops at the top step, looking at Naruto and Shikamaru who were just coming up. I run over to them. "Are you two okay?" I ask, they looked scared. "If we'd come up the stairs a second earlier, that could've been us just now. I never in my life seen someone kill like that without batting an eye. Things don't look so good for your friend." Shikamaru says through ragged breathes. "It's not him." Whisper softly. They turn to look at me. "He is kinder than that, he kills instantly. But.....That face....Something inside him is taking over Gaara." I'm worried. I know I shouldn't be worried about the enemy but.....I just am.

I go back to start watching the match. I look at Kankuro and Temari. "He isn't Gaara anymore is he?" I ask quietly, I knew worry was obvious in my eyes. They seemed taken aback by both my question and face. Temari furrows her brow. "What makes you say that?" She asked, sounding defensive. I turn my head to look at her. "I saw his face before he left. That's not Gaara. That's a demon possessing him." Kankuro scoffs at me. "He is always been a demon. He kills without mercy and-" "Liar......He shows mercy. He kills before the victim feels pain. But in the hall.....He was sadistic and cruel." It seemed my words only confused the two. "Aren't you worried? He's your teammate." I heard my voice crack. I was remembering the sad story he had told us in the hospital and I felt like crying and wanted to embrace the lonely child from his past.

"Sure I worry, Kankuro does to. He's our little brother but.....he doesn't care for us at all." Their his siblings? My eyes widen. Then why haven't they cared for him when he was alone? I turn my head to the fight, a year had slipped my eye and rolled down my cheek. This shocked the blonde. "Are 'You' worried about him?" She asked hesitantly. I nod and remain silent.

Gaara stood across from Sasuke, chuckling evilly. They take a few steps forward. A silence falls over the whole stadium. Sand rises from the gourd and hovers over his head. He starts groaning. "Please...I beg of you....don't get so mad at me...." He holds a hand on his right side face, eyes closed. His body shakes. Gaara looked up and smiled. "Mother...." Sasuke took a cautious step backwards. "Earlier I....I know....I made you taste such awful blood.....I'm so sorry." Mother? Who is he referring to? The demon inside that he said he had sealed away? "But this time. I'm sure. It will taste so very good" His voice took on a demonic tone as he spoke.

"His conversation had started already, this is dangerous." Kankuro mutters. "I know, this is the first time I've seen Gaara get like that before fighting. That's how powerful his opponent Sasuke is." Temari crosses her arms over her chest. They looked worried, but not about Gaara this time, Bu of something else. Gaara winces again, the sand falling to the ground. He looks up at Sasuke with a calmer expression. "Come on." He commands.

Sasuke launches shuriken and the sand shield catches it while morphing into a clone.

Gaara pov

I see the Uchiha swing at me from the front and a wall of sand rises to block but. Suddenly he is behind me. He's fast, just like that other one. His punch hits my face and I go flying across the ground. The sand cushions my fall. He holds his hand up like that Lee kid does. "So that's your sand armor huh? Well. Come on" he smirks. I will kill him, mother must be fed good blood like his. "If you won't do it, then I will." He states before sprinting at me. My sand tries to protect me but he dodges the tendrils and kicks me again.

He starts to run circles around me. This is exactly like the other guy's attack. He flashes before me and kicks me in the stomachs, then grabs my sash and gourd strap and knees me in the same spot. I'm on the ground panting, my armor had cracked in a few places. I make a hand seal and the sand forms a orb around me and hardened it completely. He tries to punch through the opening as it closed but spikes jut out and scratch his forehead and crack his knuckles.

Within my shield I chant repeatedly to create a third eyes above the orb. I will soon transform and kill Sasuke Uchiha. "JinSaruNeSaruToreSaru...." heheheh. I continue chanting to transform. He jumps up to the highest point on the arena's wall and makes signs before pressing his hand into the concrete. "Are you ready?" I whisper to myself and the demon. "I'm going to open it now. I'm going to rip it all open, that's how you get it all out. Everything inside will come spilling out. Lots and lots of it. An' I'll give it all to you heh. I'm such a good boy aren't I? Are you watching moths? Are you ready?.... I'm ready."

Sasuke forms a lightning ball in his hand, resonating chirping sounds fill the air. He runs don the wall, demolishing it where his hand rested, and dashed towards me. I send spikes out but he dodges and digs his hand into my shell.

Pain

Pain

Wet

Red

Red?

Wet red?

Blood......blood.

I holler from the sight of m own blood and the pain I felt. "Aaaaaaaaah Bloooooood!!"

With sasuke's hand stuck, he activates the lightning again and it hurts even more. "Aaaaaaah!!!!"

Pain, blood, red, hurts, hurts.

Pain!