Chapter 4

Two Hours before:

Kurenai hears a knock on her door and she quickly walks to it, a silk robe over her sleepwear. It must be the delivery she ordered. She opens the door only to find Asuma with his back turned to her. He turned his head and with one glance at her clothes he turned a bright shade of pink. Kurenai quickly ties the robe closed with fumbling fingers. "Asuma....c-come on in." He strode in and sat down on her couch, watching as she go makes some coffee. He smiled softly when he sees her mixing in his favorite creamer. Caring as always. He mused.

Kurenai had sensed he was tense and hands him the coffee mug. "Here you go. Did you need something?" He puts out the cigarette and takes a swig. "Yesterday Kaiya showed herself to my team." He began. Kurenais crimson eyes widen. She kept quiet to allow him to continue. "I think maybe just a little, she is starting to open up. She even spoke to them for hours."

She listened and a idea came to her. "I'll come over with my team today, that was she won't retract into her shell before meeting more kids her age." She watched his brow furrow then shake his head. "I don't want to push her if she doesn't want to." Kurenai sighed at his passive attitude. "Well I'm coming over whether you like it or not." She announced unyieldingly, leaving no room for objection.

He gets up to leave. "All right, the slacker should be on his way with the others so I need to head out." He tossed something over to her before leaving her home.

Kurenai pov

Thirty minutes after talking with Asuma, I'm standing in front of my three genin with a smile. I can't help but take notice of Hinatas hands which she held in front of her chest. They had scratches and bruised from training on her on. I feel pride when I see how she tries to overcome her weaknesses. That's another reason why I want to help Kaiya too. She reminds me of Hinata, she just needs to stop hiding.

"What did you need sensei?" The quiet monotone voice of Shino brings me out of my thoughts. "We are going to Asumas to meet . She is the same age as you three." Kiba looks up and gives me a fanged grin. "A girl! Is she cute?" I sigh inwardly and simply nod. Kaiya was certainly pretty and slightly more developed for her age and I worry about what would happen when Kiba sees that she is a wolf. I look at akamaru who was sniffing, and looked at me knowingly. I swear that the dog is far to sharp to be a puppy.

We start to walk in the direction of Asumas home, I feel his gift in my pocket and smile faintly. He must have bought me these flower seeds when on his way.

I don't realize that we're already in front of his door until I hear a loud shout. "What!? WHY?!!" Sounds like he just told her. I look at the genin who stare at the door curiously when hearing the young voice.

With a smile, I knock.

Kaiya pov

I stare at the three unfamiliar sets of eyes as they walked into the living room. I was hiding behind the couch, tail hidden and ears flat against my hair to blend in. They eye me curiously and Asuma sighs from my behavior. "C'mon Kaiya, you were fine with the other three." I glare right at him with my yellow eyes. "Because, Asu-nii, they were in the house often." I hear the others chuckle at what I called him and restrain my ears from lifting up.

"Alright here's the thing. Kaiya here is thirteen, lived with me for ten years an both me and Kurenai think she should know others her age and finally walk outside during the day for once." I glance up to see that they were confused about the last part. The boy with a dog on his head and narrow irises was the first to speak. "Whadya mean during the day?"

I cringe when I see Asuma smile. He's going to tell them isn't he? "Have you all heard about the mysterious Night Wolf of the village?" This time it was the girl with dark, short, navy blue hair and pale lavender eyes that spoke. "Y-you mean....the one that sang l-last night?" I look at her closely and smile. She has a adorable stutter that shows how shy she is. I felt my tail wag behind me on the ground.

It seems that little puppy saw it though. I give him a wink and put my finger to my lips and the pup kept quiet. I feel a large hand on he upper arm, pulling me up to my feet. "Yes Hinata. Let me introduce you to Kaiya, the Night Wolf." This time my ear perked up from their flattened state in surprise. I see their eyes look at them and then at all of me which was hidden behind the couch moments ago,

I lift my hand in a awkward wave after Asuma told them my nickname. The boy with the pup ran over and cupped my face in his hands, turning my head left and right repeatedly. He was staring at the pair of twitching ears on my head. "Woah, I did think you smelt like one but you really are a wolf huh." I smell? That's a bit rude. I push him away and hide behind Asuma. I could handle Inos friendliness but he was going overboard.

I feel a hand brush across my tail and then it was grabbed. I whip my head around to see the boy with tinted glasses and a high coat collar which hides half his face. I could hear him murmuring while examining my tail as if it was a new creature. "Interesting." I snap out of it and run to Kurenai to hide, Asuma proving to be a ineffective shield. The shy girl who was silent until now tried to calm the two down. "Shino, K-Kiba, Y-you're making Kaiya-Chan uncomfortable." I mentally cheered when finding out she was normal.

_________________

Hours pass and I ended up becoming familiar with all of them. Shino, who I learned was very quiet and arrogant, had a fascination with bugs because his clan uses them for Justus. Hinata is shy and very kind, polite too. She asked if she could feel my tail and I let her. We had almost the same raven blue hair that we could pass as cousins. I felt safer with Hinata sitting beside me and not Kiba who eyes me like candy or some new toy he just got. Kibas clan were known for having dogs for fighting partners. So that explains why the pup is constantly with him. Even though he's overly friendly, he was very funny. Shikamaru and Choji came and left with Asuma to go train. They said Ino was busy and couldn't come. Kurenai and her team eventually leave.

Ino came over by herself after hearing that I was shown to more of her friends. "Hey Kaiya!" her high voice called out. I look up to see the sky dimming and feel it would be alright to jump down to meet her. "Hello Ino." I gave her a smile and flick my tail. "Want to go shopping?" I ask. It take her by surprise but then she grins. "Yeah, oh and here." She pulls out a grey jacket with ears on the hood and a fur skirt. "I was going to ask you also so I brought these to help you blend in. I know your shy and all."

I slip the jacket on loosely without zipping it up, I like breezy clothes, and pull the skirt over my shorts till it ends right under my tail. Ino was creative with the hoodie, she had hollowed out the ears so I can slip mine in and the fur skirt made my tail look like it was just a part of the outfit. "Wow, this look suits you perfectly. Ready?" She asked with her hand extended towards me. I nod and follow her through the village.

While we walked into the clothing store, a glimpse of red caught my eye and I turn my head, making eye contact with pale sea foam green eyes. The boy stared directly at me and I stared back wondering if he wanted something. Ino came back and pulled me into the store.

He was the one from last night.