Chapter 30

Kaiya pov

 "Stop here." I command. Temari raises and eyebrow. "We haven't gone even a mile, are you tired already?" She gives me a strange look. "No but you three are to slow, the others might be dead by the time we get there. I'll need you three to get on my back." When I said this Temari and Kankuro laughed while Gaara furrowed his non-existent brows. I sigh and I got on my hands my arms crossing one another as the hand sign to activate. "Wolf god transformation!" With that smoke exploded around me. I could here Kankuro cough. "What the h-" he stopped when he saw me step out of the plumes of smoke. I fix my gold eyes on the three standing below me like mice.

   I lower myself down into a crouch. "Get on, in this form we will reach them within the day. My rough sounding voice drifted out between my sharp canine teeth. They looked hesitant so I growl lightly to snap them out of their surprise. Even Gaara looks stunned even when he keeps his emotionless mask on. When I feel that all three were on my back, I stood up. "Hold on tight" I shout within a bark before dashing across the desert.

_______________________________________________________________

  We have long since reached the forest and now I was tracking the scent of the recovery team. When the wind changed direction I skidded to a stop. "Kiba is near water, to the left, Shikamaru up to the right, and I smell lee up ahead. Naruto, Choji, and Neji must be somewhere farther away." I inform them quickly. Kankuro and Temari jump off my back but Gaara remained. Taking a guess, he probably wants to go help Lee. "A apology?" I ask, my yellow wolf eye looking over the fur on my shoulder. "What?" He asked, furrowing his brow again. "Lee. You're sorry for hurting him right?" I could here the smile in my two toned voices.

   Gaara looks to the side, finding a tree to be very interesting. "Just hurry." I chuff in amusement before sprinting through the forest. I can see a large meadow over the trees and leap across the remaining distance and land right behind Lee who had his foot trapped by his opponent. Bones protruded out of his skin in all directions. The foot was caught in a tangle of them. As the man prepared to kill Lee, his eyes widen at seeing me and even more when Gaara blocked a bone point from striking Lee. Gaara covered him in sand and jumped off my back after placing Lee on the ground at his feet safely. "Who are you two?" The man asked, sounding irritated.

   "Allies of the leaf, Shinobi of the sand." Gaara responded, his face completely calm and his arms crossed over his chest. I transform back into my usual self and land beside him. "Another member from a dying clan." I whisper. "His bones aren't fragile so don't think they will be easy to break." I warn. Gaara responds with a nod. The man must have heard me despite my hushed voice. "You seem to know what I am." I shrug and lilt my head to the left. "Lets just say I'm well educated."

  Gaara walks to stand in front of Lee and I kneel down. The green clothes shinobi didn't look like he believed everything he is seeing. My chakra glows around my hands as I provide him medical aid. "He is Gaara...of the sand." Lee says with disbelief. The mans body clicks and creaks as he moves. His arms held outwards towards us. "Gaara......Is that what they call you? Digital shrapnel!" With that ten bullets fired out of his fingertips. The sand from under lee rose up as a shield. "Impulsive aren't you." Gaara moves some of the shield away from his face in order to look at our opponent.

   He then turned his head to look at Lee over his shoulder. "You're different." He looked back at the sound ninja. "When you fought against me, you had much more agility and sharpness." Lee started to stand. "Your not healed yet." I protest and try to sit him back down. "I figured you would say that." Great now I'm being ignored! I cross my arms and legs as I sit there on the grass pouting. "I am not the kind of person who is to hold a grudge. Even so, because of you I have had a fairly tough time of it." He explained while rubbing his arm. I notice Gaara's lips press together. "Really?" In his tone I can hear faint regret. The sand returned to the gourd. "Anyway, why have you come here?" Lee demands, not entirely trusting the short redhead. He looks back at him, his seafoam green eyes taking on a subtle light "For the leaf. I owe the leaf a great debt." His eyes slide to me for a second before looking back at their opponent.

   I feel my face grow warm, I haven't done anything for him other than being nice, if anything, it was Naruto who fixed Gaara's point of view on life, I did absolutely nothing in comparison. I shake my head and analyze our enemy. Bones, fair skin red marking under his green eyes and above his brows. White hair with a zigzag parting. Sound ninja. Kekkai genkai. The Shikotsumyaku meaning 'dead bone pulse'. The clan who had this ability was thought to be extinct. The Kaguya clan. I do love my history and would like to start thinking of the stories I have read in scrolls but now is not the time.

   Suddenly the scent of blood made my head shoot up. "Kankuro has come into contact with his target. The scent is of the two headed sound ninja." I inform them. "You mean the other two sand shinobi came also?" Lee asked. "Yes." The scent got stronger the same moment my ears picked up on a scream of agony. "Kankuro has succeeded in exterminating his target."

    There was a strong gust of wind and I turn my head to see the tops of the forests tall trees sliced away. "Looks like Temari is finished as well." I grin. They sure were quick to get the job finished. When I look at our enemy, he still has yet to even move. All he has been doing was stare at us. None of us made a single sound. The only thing to be heard was the whistling wind.

  This might be a stand still........just....perfect. I let out a sigh.