01. A Business Proposal

In every legend that talked about Cupid, this loving angel never actually had a lover, for every version it always remained alone

In every legend that talked about Cupid, this loving angel never actually had a lover, for every version it always remained alone. But Cupid's happiness wasn't in finding their loved one, it was in bringing lovers together, making them have their own happy-ever-after.

It was one of the reasons why Lee Yeoreum chose to create the matchmaking app Dear, Cupid. She, as the hopeless romantic she is, loved bringing people together, and also loved money. The app paid good money, so the deal was perfect.

But in this version of Cupid's amazing legend, the angel made a mistake, a huge one! One that required a mission to fix.

You still don't know why? we'll tell you the story.

・❥・・❥・・❥・

« Who are you talking to? » The loud incomprehensible thoughts of Lee Yeoreum were brought back to reality after she caught a glimpse of the concerned looks of no one other than her closest friend: Nam Jia.

They were both walking to school, just a regular non-Monday morning in one of the empty streets of Gwanjin District where the best view one could see is a stray cat jumping over people's house fences. Yeoreum loved routines like this, but there was a specific thing that made this week's perfect one get interrupted. A small problem, more like a big one. One that her best friend didn't know about.

" Seriously...You look like a vampire waking up after two centuries of deep sleep. Is there something worrying you? Is Nareum getting married?!" Nareum was Yeoreum's sister, and no, she was not getting married, but Lady Cupid was asked out by a random exchange student.

" Do you know someone called Lee Heeseung?" Yeoreum finally looked at her friend, and she wished she hadn't done that because the smirk that rose with Jia's lips was way more concerning than it should've had.

" Who doesn't? He's like the talk of the school. An exchange student from the United Kingdom." Jia made a slide motion with her hands at the country's name as if it was some fancy title with sparkles on the side. It didn't help though, Yeoreum already knew that basic information.

" Jia, I already know that. I meant is there any sort of extra information about him? Rumors maybe?" The curious fox-eyed girl was even more interested after the latter words, She even started walking closer. Jia never walked closer to anyone.

" And...Why does Lee Yeoreum want extra info on the new student?" The face of the girl got closer inch by inch that it made Yeoreum's heart race like a horse. The last thing she would have wanted at that moment was to reveal the truth.

Just a beat later, Jia took a pause on her own as if she was realizing something, but knowing Nam Jia, the sweet princess of ChungDae Highschool, she was the worst person when it came to realizations. Her next words proved it perfectly.

" Oh! Is it because you two have the same last name? Do you assume he is your far cousin or something? Lee Yeoreum! You know your last name is the third most famous surname in the country. His chance of being your cousin is lower than my chance of passing the year, sweetheart." No wonder why she repeated the year.