22. The Thin Line of Love and Comfort

"No

"No...you need to lean a little to be on center," Hayoon told her brother in a demanding tone as she held the camera in her hand.

It was the early morning of the following day, and the sun was in the perfect spot for its rising pictures. Her brother, Heeseung though, looked a little too grumpy for this.

"Ugh, what do you want me to do, invade her personal space?" He groaned as he buried his face in his hand, referring to Yeoreum who was taking the picture with him.

"Yeah, talk about personal space. You do know that I have a whole list of how many times you invaded that exactly." Yeoreum rolled her eyes at him. Pulling him close by his arm until his chin was resting on her shoulder. "Now, smile." She said in a soft tone, but he knew it was not the intention of it.

He smiled awkwardly at her, then turned to Hayoon, smiling shyly. He couldn't get away with it though.

Just as soon as Hayoon took the picture, she laughed at him. "You look like someone just confessed to you."

"What?!" Both Heeseung and Yeoreum gasped at the same time in the same tone, looking at Hayoon as if she had said a forbidden statement.

"Oh, jeez! Okay, my bad. You two look cute though. Here is your phone, Yeoreum." Hayoon chuckled and gave the phone back to its owner quickly.

"Thank you." Yeoreum returned the smile, bowing slightly to her.

"No probs. I'll go back to sleep because there is no way I'm spending the whole day picking pomegranates." Hayoon spun her finger as she walked backward, turning after she said goodbye to the two and disappearing from sight.

・❥・・❥・・❥・

It was just the perfect early morning, a little bit cold, but the green shades were taking over in the perfect amount.

No one was on the field besides the two fake lovers, being regular friends today. They began working in no time, silence filling the air as they picked the fruit off its tree and put it in baskets.

It kept going like that for hours. And even though the words were few, the tension was clear. There was something between the two that both could not ignore.

"Do you want to get some ice cream? I know a downtown shop." Heeseung suggested with a slight smile as he placed the baskets on one side.

Yeoreum, who was on the verge of fainting from the overwork, wiped the sweat off of her forehead and sighed. "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

Truth be told, this was a golden chance for both, especially Yeoreum, whose mind didn't stop creating all sorts of confession scenarios. How could love be so complicated when it's about Lady Cupid herself? Well, it was the cliché part of romance stories.

Both walked downtown until they came to the edge of it where a small two-story house was located at the far end of the street. It has an open shop on its first floor with a small bench near the show window. Once the two reached their destination, Heeseung asked Yeoreum to take a seat by the bench as he ordered their ice cream and she did as she was told.