10. The Spark of Friendship

" Yeah, sure

" Yeah, sure." Yeoreum smiled at the tall boy who excitingly grabbed the ball in front of her, walking a few steps backward and towards the center to play.

She took her time to observe his unfamiliar figure well. He was near Heeseung's height but had long dark hair with blonde extensions. His eyes looked edgy and deep as if one look from him could be enough to let you know what he wanted. But what took her attention the most is the way he smiled, passionately and sincerely, his smile was large and clear and though he was playing he still kept that smile on his face.

She noticed his smooth movements and how the ball responded to every one of them as if the two were performing a dance at a Victorian ball. Each scene and moment moved something in her heart, she never saw someone play basketball this beautifully.

" Ah, this was pretty fun!" The boy declared after he gave his last shot, turning to look at Yeoreum who stood up clapping for him energetically.

" This sport was made for you to play it. I'm so sure you were a legend at basketball in your past life." Yeoreum cheered as she took happy little steps toward him.

The boy took a moment to look at her again, his sweating body was frozen yet so warm. He never heard a girl complimenting his style of play before, not with him going to an all-boys high school.

" You- think I was cool?" He asked in hesitance, enjoying her joyful expression as she looked at him.

" Yes! Are you even serious? You rocked the court! It was so amazing!" She insisted, walking towards the ball to take it and return it to him.

His smile began to hurt his face and he had to look away and stop it. " Aren't you good at basketball?" He asked a beat later when he didn't know what to say.

" No, but I was looking for a tutor anyways. My friend isn't here today to teach me, so I'm going to ask you to be my master for today! Would you like to teach me?" Yeoreum offered her ball and the boy took it happily as he said: " I'm Riki, but I'd like to simply be called Niki."

" And I'm Yeoreum."

Niki didn't waste a minute and began training immediately. He asked a few questions to Yeoreum before he told her what to do, and just in a matter of half an hour, Yeoreum was already competing with him on the court.

" You're pretty fast! Are you a track-field runner?" He asked as he tried dodging her movements.

" You can say that. I'm on hold though, until they find me a trainer." She replied, tricking him into thinking she was striking from the left before taking the ball and shooting her shot.

" Not so bad. I think you learn pretty fast too." Niki complimented her as he walked towards the bench for a seat.

Just a bit later, Yeoreum followed him and took a seat next to him. They both remained silent for a little before she asked, " I've never seen you around."