07. Cupid's First Love

There are books about everything, but if there was one called 'What to Do when your friend confesses he has fear of heights right when you reach the Top of the bungee drop', well then, Jia would probably need it

She and Jay were both less than three minutes away from going down at the speed of 90km/h, and yet Jay's confession was quite the perfect strike at the worst time. The girl's mind was probably running thousands of questions.

What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?

Finally, she decided at the last minute what the perfect solution would be, " Okay, here, hold my hand." She forwarded her hand to him as he looked at her with a confused look, feeling the panic and heat rising to his throat.

" What?" he managed to ask with a shaky voice, but she wasted no second to argue back, " I am not asking you here! Hold my hand and close your eyes until the ride finishes. If you ever open them, and I don't advise that, but if you ever do, look at me and only me! Don't you dare look anywhere else if you want to get out of here alive!" Under the stress of the countdown they had, he had no choice but to nod in agreement. And right before the ride began, he held her hand tightly and closed his eyes completely.

In Jia's mind, this scene was a deja vu, it happened a long time ago when Yeoreum tried this ride for the first time, and when she panicked right when they reached the top, Jia told her friend to do the same thing. This sweet memory only allowed the girl to scream the loudest she could from the excitement that ran through her veins, turning her head towards the boy who opened his eyes and watched her with a wistful yet sincere smile.

This probably was one of the days she would remember till her last day alive.

・・・・

The realization came only after they left the ride.

" Ugh, I can't believe I lost the bet! I ended up screaming when I could have won!" Jia screamed miserably as she fell on her knees, feeling the bitterness of loss in her heart and every hope of making a wish come true to fade away.

Nam Jia, 18 years old:

Depressed because she lost her wish of having someone buy the most expensive ice cream in the park for her.

She kept waiting and waiting for the boy to mock her, or tease her, or maybe give her an impossible wish to fulfill. But Jay was looking the other way the entire time, placing both hands on his face that was a blushing mess.

Just act cool man, and deny everything that just happened.

Park Jay, 17 years old:

Embarrassed because of what happened at the bungee drop ride and doesn't remember anything about the bet they made.

" Uh, why aren't you saying anything?" Jia questioned suspiciously after she got up from her knees, walking towards the boy who shook his head immediately to wash the embarrassment away. " Are you still shocked by the ride?"