21. Time With Family

"There is the beauty of nature that warms our hearts, strange things happen in nature, bad things, yet we still love it

"There is the beauty of nature that warms our hearts, strange things happen in nature, bad things, yet we still love it. Family warms our hearts as well, strange things happen in family, bad things, yet we still love it. We will always come back to family as we do to nature."

-Oh, Road of Fame! BY LEE Jaemin-

・❥・・❥・・❥・

The sunny February weather felt like a warm embrace to the skin of Yeoreum and Heeseung when they sat on those stairs down at the beach. The girl listened to the truth he promised her to share. It was a golden moment, one that's going to turn into a diamond, just with a little pressure to go through.

Yeoreum leaned over the stairs after hearing the boy telling his story, she sighed before smiling. "I think I can help with this one. I'm Lady Cupid, after all, the greatest matchmaker of all time."

He expected her to be shocked by the story at least, to feel disappointed in him, to scold him. But she was calm, she didn't interrupt, and she took her time to speak after he was done. It was the help that she offered in everything she was able to do.

Heeseung couldn't help but feel a rush of emotions after seeing her smile, it felt like those words were made for him and only him. A curved smile got drawn slowly on his mouth, his eyes gazed at her before he spoke again.

"I thought Lady Cupid was only an angel of love."

"And is love only romantic? Friends love each other, family members love one another." Yeoreum said, having already thought about it as if she was waiting for this moment to happen.

"Woah, I see some character development right here." He rubbed her hair as she rolled her eyes at him teasingly, "Don't tease me!"

"I'm not teasing you." Heeseung's eyes were filled with sincerity, he gently held her chin as he smiled warmly at her. "You really grew up, Yeoreum. I can see that well."

Yeoreum's heart skipped a beat at his gentle touch on her skin, and a wide smile appeared on her face. How come he noticed such details about her all the time? How was he still so calm and kind even though he was going through a lot in his mind?

"So, how do we plan to do this exactly?" Heeseung's hand slid back to his lap, his eyes travelling back to look at the rhymic waves of the sea.

She took a moment to think, her mind blasting tons of ideas, this wasn't like any mission she did before, and she had to think differently, then the memory of last weekend came to her mind.

When you want to fix a broken bond in a family, you just have to erase the obstacles between them and create an atmosphere of truth and honesty.

"All you need to do is apologize and talk to her, but you seem hesitant. So, here is the deal." Yeoreum began telling her plan to Heeseung as he listened carefully to every word she said, having to ask after she was done.