13. We Were Enemies

"Holly sh*t! I'm sorry, I am so sorry!" Niki stood up almost immediately screaming those words as he felt his body fall to the ground

"Holly sh*t! I'm sorry, I am so sorry!" Niki stood up almost immediately screaming those words as he felt his body fall to the ground. That was when he began to feel the grass tickling his fingers, looking around him to see green trees and casual night lights, and Yeoreum sitting on a near bench watching him with a concerned face.

"Oh, you're awake! That freaked me out." She laughed as she watched him struggle with the sudden realization. When he remained silent for a while, she took the lead to speak. "Oh, well...you fainted."

"I fainted?"

"Yes, on the dance floor back at the local festival. The first song wasn't even done yet when you suddenly collapsed. Glad I found someone to help me get you here...since I don't know your house address." She explained with an honest tone which shifted more confusion into the boy's mind.

What about the kiss?

"So...nothing happened after that?" He stuttered with his question, having about a million questions running through his hand as Yeoreum gave him one of her sarcastic faces. "Besides the fact that you just started apologizing out of nowhere...nothing really."

"Uhm, I mean, like...we didn't have anything between us?" He continued, still recalling that moment as if it happened just some minutes ago.

"What are you talking about? Did you hit your head when you fell or something?" She kneeled down to check on the boy's forehead but he backed off a little as he watched her step closer.

It was just a dream, Niki...all of it was a dream. I do not have any feelings for this girl, she is my friend...nothing more.

Upon trying to convince himself by repeating this thought in his head, Niki finally got to release his sigh of relief, showing a smile on his face a moment later. "I think I exhausted myself a lot lately."

"You sure did. Well, since we have some time before our curfew, how about we go get some iced tea?" Yeoreum asked as she helped the boy get off the floor.

"Yeah, that'll be a nice closure for this night." He nodded in agreement and the two went for one last iced tea tour.

After the crazy events that occurred in Niki's head, he spent another sleepless night trying to define the real truth for him. He didn't know why he dreamt of kissing his friend all of a sudden after he collapsed. In fact, he knew he didn't have feelings for her and it was the best reason for him to close the subject forever. Keeping that one little secret for himself.

 ・❥・・❥・・❥・

The next day was too regular for Yeoreum and her circle, except for Jia, who had been planning on confessing her love for a while now. Every day, she was looking for a perfect chance to get her things done, and even though Yeoreum offered help she refused saying that she wanted to be the one getting her things done.