17. Kids of Unspoken Words

Present Day: Valentine's Festival

"She is here! Mrs Park is here, Yeoreum!" Jake stated in the happiest tone he could afford, and as Yeoreum listened to his words, she dropped everything in her hand and rushed towards him, noticing the lady coming from a distance with a smile on her face.

Although Mrs Park was just a temporary teacher to the two friends in middle school, she left as their best friend, and seeing her again meant everything to them.

They rushed towards her with open arms and hugged her as tightly as they could, leaving her with a slightly shocked expression. Mrs. Park, with a gentle tone, greeted back the two, "What a nice meeting! Hello to you two as well."

Yeoreum had to cover up her face when she felt the urge to cry, she turned to look elsewhere as she told Mrs Park, "I can't believe you came back from Japan. It's been so long!"

"Yeah, how long has it been? Four years? It felt like forever!" Jake added in agreement, almost feeling pain from smiling too much.

"Well, I am not back here permanently but I thought since I came back I would have a little meeting with you two." Mrs Park explained, walking towards Yeoreum to rub her hair and pulling her for a small hug.

"What an honour! We have so much to tell you!" The boy cheered in excitement, offering his teacher to follow him to a near table at the spot.

The three of them walked towards one of the staff's tables behind Yeoreum's class shop, and before they began their talk, the young girl rushed to bring a few drinks and cakes to serve on the table. After a few minutes, everyone was in their seats, eating the delicious goods and talking about the regular life of the high school.

"Oho! So the app you two created made a huge success at this place." Mrs Park formed an 'o' with her mouth the chuckled a little before she continued her comment at the magnificent news, "I can see that. But how about you two? Is there anyone in your life?" 

Jake took a moment to think, although his answer was clear, he couldn't stop himself from thinking of Nareum, Yeoreum's sister, she was fairly his first love ever since he and Yeoreum became friends, but she was always too far from reach, and now she became totally out of reach. "Nope, nothing new about that." He confessed with a sad smile, then as his eyes met Yeoreum's face he remembered her case, "Oh, but Yeoreum-"

The girl pinched him on his arm and gave him a quick death glare before she turned to her teacher with the best smile she could afford, "Haha! Nothing for me as well. We're too busy matchmaking couples." Jake who was in unbearable pain, nodded in full, forced agreement.

"Have you two tried matching people other than couples?" Mrs Park asked out of curiosity, sipping her coffee as she looked at the two interact with complete amusement.

"Other than couples?" The boy asked, looking back and forth between his teacher and Yeoreum who did the same with a clueless look on her face.

"Like friends, many teenagers want to be friends with others but their thoughts create a barrier for them. Family as well, you can fix a broken bond in a family. That if it was possible, of course." The teacher chuckled softly, managing to tease the two who looked at her with eyes full of amazement.