19. Back to the Circle

The weekend was not even enjoyable enough before the tests week began

The weekend was not even enjoyable enough before the tests week began. Clapping to get every student's attention and have them say goodbye to their fun times.

Five days weren't much, but students always saw it as a whole year to go through. Yeoreum didn't though. She was having the best test week of her life.

・❥・・❥・・❥・

"How is it Friday already but the hour is going like a century?!" Jake almost ripped his messy hair off as he walked with Yeoreum towards the snack shop.

He took a side look at the girl who could not help hide her smile, raising his glasses before he spoke. "You look so perfect, Lee Yeoreum. What's the secret behind that smile, huh?" He smirked at her as he waited for her answer.

"No, no. You would not understand, Jake." She smiled even more as she shook her hands at him, making him stop behind.

"Huh, what's with that look? What am I missing here?" Jake took faster steps to catch up with her, this time looking at her with pure confusion.

"Have you ever been told you're someone's fate?" She held her hands together and placed them over her chest, looking at the boy with magical eyes.

He shrug before he spoke, "Uh, nope. I thought I was your sister's fate but now she is engaged to someone else." He said it with such casualty that it made the girl feel sorry for him.

"Uh, okay. Let's not talk about that. I hate seeing you remember the bad times." She rubbed his back, making him speed up with his steps towards the snacks shop.

"I'm not remembering- Hey! Don't change the subject! Who called you his fate?" He raised an eyebrow at her, slightly smiling.

It took one question to switch the dreamy Yeoreum on back again. "Hmm...Just the best man on Earth." She held her hands together again.

Jake stopped, stepping away from her in fear, "Hey, you don't look good at all...what drug are you on, for god's sake?"

"Love~" She spun around herself and the boy gasped in fear, running towards her as she shook her shoulders aggressively. "Yeoreum, wake up! This isn't you! You never were like this because of someone! Hurry up and wake up, you're scaring me!"

"Jake!" She snapped and he stepped back again, setting himself in self-defence mode, "W-what?" He asked in hesitance.

"I think I'm in love." She confessed, the realisation making her face form a slightly shocked expression.

"W-with who?" Jake still backed away.

"Heeseung..."

"Huh? Aren't you guys already dating? Ah, wait. It's all fake. So...you like...like him now?" Jake walked with careful steps towards Yeoreum who nodded.

"I mean...he confessed to me on the last weekend, and I felt happy and ever since then, my heart skipped a beat whenever he came into sight. It just made me want to be with him more and more." Yeoreum explained, recalling last weekend's evening.