16. When She Became the Angel

In every story, there is a beginning, a spark that once shined utterly to let a whole road appear on sight

In every story, there is a beginning, a spark that once shined utterly to let a whole road appear on sight. Cupid had lots of beginnings, but Lady Cupid had only one.

And this story of hers was real when she became the angel.

・❥・・❥・・❥・

☆Four Years Ago☆

Summer classes weren't really a vibe to middle school students, but Mrs Park had just the solution for that. After talking for thirty minutes straight and turning around many bushes she gave the point that she wanted and it was to change the way students were sitting.

She placed two boxes in front of her, one contained the boys' names and the other contained the girls' ones. She placed both of her hands inside the boxes and took one piece of paper out of each. Whatever name appeared on the paper meant that these two people would be seatmates.

It was exactly how two complete strangers like Lee Yeoreum and Sim Jake ended up sitting next to each other.

Everyone was happy with the decision but Yeoreum and Jake didn't really know the hidden intentions of it. In fact, they thought it was odd how their class was the only one that had such a system going on. But as summer went by, the realisation flew through their head clearly. Everyone fell in love with their seatmate, but the two of them.

"I like older girls." Jake would say in a completely disinterested tone to Yeoreum who does the same every time, saying, "And I like younger boys." As if the thought of them falling in love with each other meant the world's apocalypse to happen.

Half through summer, and as love birds began to sing, Jake and Yeoreum remained strangers, not even a bit interested in one another. If someone else was to say, they sounded more like enemies than strangers. None of them bared the fact that the other one existed, and they both had to make this stop.

Mrs Park was having her coffee peacefully when her eyes met the annoyed eyes of her smart student Sim Jake. She chuckled at his expression as she placed her coffee gently on the table, "What's with the frown face?" She asked teasingly and when Jake heard her words he relaxed his face a bit as he started coughing in embarrassment.

"I want you to change my seat. I can't bare sitting with Lee Yeoreum." His serious words shot as an arrow of unseriousness to Mrs. Park who heard them in the exact tone from Yeoreum herself just an hour ago.

"I don't want to...Well, in basic terms I can't. In this case, I will need the allowance of other students and that would be somehow impossible." She explained her rejection, holding back her cup of coffee and taking her first sip from it.

"What if I convinced someone to switch with me?" She chuckled again at his words, he on the other hand looked all serious about the matter. Yeoreum said the same an hour ago as well.