12. Throw the List of Worries

As January closed its doors of the year, February entered bringing a sweet flavor into the hearts of people

As January closed its doors of the year, February entered bringing a sweet flavor into the hearts of people. For the last week of the first month, Yeoreum continued being the greatest fake girlfriend to Heeseung, even if the two were given a few warnings due to their overacting. And as that week flew by, her friendship with Niki grew bigger and bigger and the two became so close in just a short span of time.

On the other hand, Heeseung's last visit to the nurse's office gave him a clear definition of his feelings. He admitted to himself that he was in love with Yeoreum, and he couldn't go along with his day without seeing her. He even managed to make their families closer to the point they had dinners together. 

But, by the entrance of February, the countdown to Valentine's began. And not only Lady Cupid was closer to her day but the whole school was approaching the most awaited festival of the season: International Love Day.

The name might have been clear, but laws forbade any romantic interaction during the day, so instead, it just became a sports day, yet it didn't kill the exciting spirits of students.

・❥・・❥・・❥・

Everyone was getting ready for the third class, and while students minded their business, Yeoreum watched Sieun walking towards her with a smile.

"Your boyfriend is waiting for you by the door," Sieun whispered to Yeoreum as she tried to hold her giggle while the other one looked at her with a strange face.

Seriously, he doesn't have to take it this far.

Yeoreum walked through the crowd of her class towards the boy who was leaning on a wall, looking at his hands that held a box within them.

"Hey!" She greeted the boy as she leaned the same way as him.

"Hi, how are you doing?" He asked, and she couldn't help but look at him strangely.

"The same as an hour before when you came to ask me." 

"Oh, yeah. That makes sense. Well, I brought you a snack. It's a strawberry sandwich, your favorite." Heeseung forwarded the box towards Yeoreum who accepted with a slight hesitance.

"Heeseung, you don't think I'm stupid, do you?" He flinched at her question, yet before he spoke she continued, "You're doing this because you're curious about the gift I brought, aren't you?" He actually didn't know there was a gift in the first place.

"You...brought me a gift?" He asked, giving her an expression she didn't expect.

"Look at you playing dumb! You're so terrible at this. Well, since my surprise is ruined, to my best luck, I'll reveal the gift to you now." Yeoreum took the sandwich and went back to place it in her bag then grabbed her gift and went back to him.

"Alright, close your eyes." She told him and right after he did so, she held his wrist and placed the gift on his hand.

"Tada!" Heeseung opened his eyes to meet a Lego key chain. Except, it was not just an ordinary Lego, it was a hotdog yellow smiling guy with sky-blue pants. He observed it well as he fought the smile on his face.