04. A Friend's Favor

Thursday

Thursday.

The busiest day of the week for Lady Cupid and her assistant Jake. Well, mostly because the services didn't usually end by bringing people together, sometimes couples wanted more, like date ideas, tips and they even requested the lady's special touch. Yeoreum and Jake got paid for this, so they never complained.

But, somehow an exception got made. Just two days ago, she became made a contract with her neighbor, the new transfer student, the spiritual guy, the fate believer, he surely had many nicknames, but he also became known as Yeoreum's boyfriend, (fake) boyfriend.

As everyone called him, Lee Heeseung.

・・・・

" I heard you're a track runner," Heeseung said as a matter of being impressed while they walked like turtles through the cafeteria line.

" Yep, I won a bunch of awards for that. But I don't practice anymore, my trainer took an indefinite vacation, so I know not when he'll be back." Actually, she was grateful he did, it gave her extra time for the job.

" That's sad, it would've been great to see you running on the field." His pouty face moved something inside her, he could get -things- with that look.

They both continued this -exchange of talents- conversation as they moved up the line, yet at the most random moment, someone crashed her leg by stepping on it mercilessly.

" What the heck?!" Yeoreum snapped at the earthling next to her who shined excessively with their blond hair: Jake.

" Boss, we got a job." He whispered but she was really glad they were in a crowd because Jake wasn't really a good individual at being unnoticed.

" Now?!" She complained, for the first time.

" Yes, it's a big prize. Check the messages." He requested, but she was way too far from being able to do that at the moment.

" I can't, I'm with my client." The choice of words made the boy smile like he just had a genius devilish idea, but knowing Sim Jaeyun the romance expert, he had qualified ideas for situations like these.

Just a moment later, Jake dragged Yeoreum smoothly out of the crowd and took his place near Heeseung whom he didn't waste a second to begin a good conversation. Probably introducing himself as her friend.

As she watched the two get along together, she took a shortcut outside the eating hall and back to her class which usually remained empty during that time. Right when she got in, she unlocked her phone and clicked to see the new messages the app received, and what was next was totally unexpected.

Owning the Dear, Cupid app always allowed Yeoreum to know the identity of every couple in the school, whether they officially announced it or not. And sometimes, she matched weird combinations, people she never expected would actually like each other. At some point, it became a pointless thing to wonder at because none of those people were close to her. Yet, she should have put in mind that someday it would happen to the closest people to her.