03. What Do You Like?

In Yeoreum's neighborhood, somewhere in Gwanjin's district, her family was the star of the show

In Yeoreum's neighborhood, somewhere in Gwanjin's district, her family was the star of the show. Simple, yet having an impact on people.

Her mom, Choi Hyera, was an owner of a side dish store, the best one in the district and she named it after her youngest daughter, "Summer's Flavor" because Yeoreum's first name meant summer. Then, her dad, Lee Jaemin was a humble webtoon artist, a true romanticist writing all about the sweet things of love.

Nareum, her oldest sister wasn't as sweet as her parents, she graduated from a high academy of teachers with a Math major, and two years ago she started teaching math at one of the state's private middle schools, she remained to live with the family though. Then came Yeoreum, the last fruit of the tree. The young girl was hoping she'd be the only one soon when her sister finally finds a husband to spend the rest of her life with.

For years, the humble Lee family was like the chief of the district, they helped many people and even created some laws for strangers, but now, they lost that huge power and only remained a happy family to whom people are always grateful.

・❥・・❥・・❥・

Yeoreum walked with Heeseung towards the nearest street from the east, it was their best option because the sunrays were a perfect embrace on the skin from there and because the entrance was the closest to the first convenience store. Unlike the girl who was pretty much used to the view, Heeseung was wearing an impressed expression the entire time which made her assume that it might've been his first time in the area.

Only a few minutes in, they arrived at their stop. Both of them walked inside the shop and placed their bags on the window's table, then each went on their own to pick their favorite noodle flavor. The funny thing was that both picked the same one, Samyang's hot curry-flavored chicken.

None of them said a word, and they just continued towards the cashier like they didn't just have long seconds of awkward staring at each other. Yeoreum had to speak to break what could have been the quietest silence in her life.

" You don't seem familiar with the place."

" Actually, I live around here but have never been to this part of the district." His answer played questions in her mind, and if she wasn't aware enough of herself, she would have shot them all at once.

" Wait, what? Which part do you live in?"

" The southern one." He replied, shifting his entire focus to the tuna kimbap in his hand.

That was exactly where Yeoreum lived.

" No way! I live there too!" She cheered with excitement and he paused for a second to look at her, once again not so sure to believe her words. " Do you know the side dish store 'Summer's Flavor'? That's mom's, we live in the building next to it." She continued as he stopped to recall the place in his memory.