Chapter 13: The Ex is back

Two weeks later

They had all been back in Hawaii for almost a week, enjoying another week off before heading on the road again. Jessica was enjoying her time at home with her daughter who had started school, now she had hired a nanny who would stay with Sarah when she was working. She had found the best person in the world, her best friend Amanda, she had convinced her to move to Hawaii and take care of Sarah, she helped her and her husband find a house and even set up a interview for her husband at the local radio station. Things were going well. Jessica had a day with just her and Sarah since Leland had to work and Amanda was setting up at her house, the one thing she had never told Amanda is that she was dating Leland, she was calling her to tell her.

"Hey." Amanda said answering the phone.

"Hey girl I just wanted to thank you again for doing this for me."

"No problem, I am happy to be here, is there something you wanted to tell me." Amanda was the best at reading her, they knew eachother since Amanda was born so they were very close.

"Yes, there is one thing that I haven't told you yet, but with you being with Sarah all the time I want to tell you before she does."

"What is that?"

"Do me a favor and google Leland Chapman."it was scilent for a moment then she when it popped up she said back.

"Ok I did."

"Do you think he is cute?"

"Yes, he is, isn't that who you work with?"

"Yes, and I am dating him, that is what I wanted to tell you."

"Oh my god, you are? When did this happen?"

"Almost a month ago, also when I went out on that first day with the family before that birthday party, you will never guess who we were after.?"

"Who?"

"Dan, can you believe that I had to hunt him down, that is who gave me the black eye."

"Oh my goodness, that is crazy, so how are things going with you and Leland."

"I really like him, he is so sweet, and great with Sarah, he has kids too and they are all great, he spends as much time with me as he can, but it is hard with him being a bounty hunter." they talked for about a half an hour, then Jessica had to go get dinner ready for Sarah. she went through her nightly routine, dinner, then give Sarah a bath and get her ready for bed, at eight it was time for Sarah to go to bed Jessica read her a story and tucked her in for the night. Then she went to go do editing, what else, she had already sent what she needed to for the episodes now she was working on her pictures from the park with Leland, she had so much fun that day. She got through all of them and made a disc for Leland of the pictures so he could do with them what he wanted, by that time it was eleven so Jessica decided to go to bed.

At one in the morning she started to hear loud banging on her door, she got up and grabbed her phone and peperspray then headed to the front door. She started to hear yelling.

"Jessica I know you are there open this door!" The person was yelling at the top of their lungs, she went to the window and took a peek out, it was Dan. She did not know how he had gotten her addresss but she could tell he was drunk and did not want him coming in her house. She picked up her phone and dialed 911

"911 whats your emergency?" The operator said.

"Hi, I have someone banging and trying to kick in my front door, it is a ex-boyfirend of mine, I don't know if he wants to hurt me, I have a six year old in the house right now." Jessica said trying to stay calm at that moment Sarah came out of her room.