Chapter 5: Party time

Three Weeks Later

It was the day of Bonnies party and Jessica got off the plane in Ohau, went and rented a car, then headed to her hotel, as she checked in she added two extra nights so she could stay to show Beth some proofs before heading back to Kona. After that Sarah and her got ready and headed over to where the party was to meet with Beth. Upon arriving to the resort, she sent Beth a text. Beth came out front to meet her and bring her back where they were getting ready. Jessica immediately pulled out her camera and started snapping pictures. Sarah was being so good while she worked. After everyone was ready she started snapping family photos, she couldn't help but get a little uncomfortable when Leland came in the room since she felt like she was stood up in a way. After the pre- party pics were done Beth came over to talk to Jessica.

"Hey, is that what you are wearing?" she said to Jessica who was dressed in black slacks and a white dress top. Jessic looked down a little confused.

"Yes, why?" she replied.

"That is just so blah, don't you want to stand out?"

"Not really, the photographer should never standout."

"That is just silly, you are not just the photographer you are a guest. Here come with me," she grabbed Jessica's hand and brought her over to where her daughter Cecily was, "Do you think you have anything that will fit her? she asked here daughter. Cecily pulled out a beautiful purple dress that was short in the front and longer in the back with rinestones all over.

"Try this one on." Cecily said to Jessica.

"Oh no I couldn't" she replied.

"I insist," Beth said handing it to her. She knew that Leland had some feelings for Jessica, and had heard about how he left the bar. She wanted him to regret that. Jessica agreed and went to try it on. When she came out, she could not believe how good she looked, she had not worn a dress since she lost her weight so she felt a little uncomfortable. Beth looked at her with the biggest smile and then her and Cecily did her hair and makeup real quick then they all headed to the party. Once inside Dakota met up and took Sarah so that Jessica could take photos. The party went on for a few hours. Jessica kept busy as they danced and cut the cake and ate dinner, she managed to get a couple bites of food in while everyone was eating. After the cake Beth came over to her.

"Jessica, I want you to take a break and have some fun, dance with your daughter and just have a good time. You have done a great job so far, and I am sure we have plenty of pictures to go though, please enjoy."

"Thank you, this is a great party. My daughter is having fun with Dakota, thank you for letting me bring her." She replied to Beth.

"You are welcome, she is darling. well have fun." she said as she walked off to go be with Dog. Jesssica put down her camera and walked over to Dakota. Thanked him for taking care of her and then led Sarah onto the dance floor to have some fun. They danced for a song and Sarah was laughing the whole time, towards the end of the song another little girl came over and started dancing with them. Jessica went to sit down and let the two girls have fun. Out of instinct Jessica pulled out her camera and took a few pictures then placed the camera back in her bag.

At the same time Beth walked over to Leland.

"I've been meaning to ask you, why did you leave the bar, without talking to Jessica?" Beth asked a little mad.

"How did you know that?" He asked

"Jessica said she saw you when she was singing, then when she was done you were gone."