Chapter 22: Saying I Do

The morning was crazy, Jessica felt like she was moving so fast.  She was so excited though,  finally being able to start her new life with Leland just felt so right and she was just ready to get going.  She was now at the hotel where she was getting married, sitting in bridal room getting her hair and makeup done.  She remembered that at her first wedding they didn't have the money for that so she did her own hair and makeup but it was nice to feel pampered, she watched as her mother got Sarah ready in her flower girl dress.  With her hair curled and flowing down and some flowers in her hair she looked so beautiful.  Jessica was so happy that she was finally happy.  She often wondered if moving her to Hawaii was the right thing to do, but now she could see how much she was blossoming and it made all the sleepless nights worth it.  

                 "Ok, you are all done.  Now time to put on your dress."  The stylist said to me as she packed up her supplies.  

I quickly got up and went over to the bedroom to put on my dress.  It was a beautiful a line chiffon dress with a v neck line and beading to look like a belt, it had a small train and the fabric flowed in the wind.  I kept my hair simple to go along with the beach theme.  When I was all ready my mother led me over to a mirror to take it all in,  it took everything I had in me not to cry.

            "Oh my goodness.  This is me?  I can't believe it."  I said placing my hands up to my face.

             "Oh my beautiful girl.  You look absolutely stunning.  I am so glad that you finally found happiness once again, you deserve it."  My mom said bringing me in for a hug.  I was still in shock with how I looked.  I never expected to be in a wedding dress again, I thought the next time I would be in a wedding was when my daughter would get married.  I was overcome with emotion.

           "Mom, this is all so surreal.  I am so happy but I just can't believe I am doing this again.   You know how you said Aaron was part of bringing me this happiness.  You were right, I was given a sign this morning and I have made peace with his death.  I never thought that day would come.  Thank you for always being there for me."  Jessica embraced her mother in another hug then continued to prepare for her walk down the aisle. 

The afternoon came and it was time for the ceremony to begin.  Jessica watched as her bridesmaids walked down to the beach and she stood there waiting for her father to join her.  Sarah gave her mother a quick hug then started to make her way down.

              "You look so beautiful pumpkin."  Her dad said as he walked over.  Jessica gave him a hug and just smiled at him.

              "You ready to give me away again?  Never thought you'd be doing that huh?"  Jessica asked.

               "No baby I didn't, I didn't want to give you up the first time.  This time is harder but I see how happy you are and it makes me feel overjoyed that you are able to find love again.   Sweetheart, I know it must be so difficult for you, but you have been blessed with a second love. Not many people get that in their lives, Aaron would want this for you."  He said placing his hand on Jessicas cheek.  Jessica let out a sigh and smiled again at her dad.  Just then the music changed.

             "Thats our cue, are you ready?"  He stated extending his arm out for me.

             "I have never been more ready, lets go."  Jessica replied taking her fathers arm.

Once she got to the top of the aisle she could see the tears beginning to form in Lelands eyes.  Jessica smiled with tears in her eyes as well.  Jessicas dad took her veil and lifted it over her head and gave her a kiss on her cheek, then he turned to Leland and shook his hand then gave him a hug.  Leland held out his hand and Jessica took it smiling from ear to ear.  The officiant began the ceremony.  

When it came time to recite vows Leland went first he turned to Jessica and held both her hands.

          "Jessica,  as I stand here before you, my eyes looking so deeply into yours, I see all the things I fell in love with.  As I stand here before you, my heart beating so loudly in my ears, I find myself so lost for the right words to say.  As I stand here before you, with your hand in mine, it makes me remember how complete you make my life.  With every smile, every embrace, every tear you've ever wiped from my face.  It makes me remember how blessed I really am, how I can't ever thank the lord above enough, for allowing you into my life.  It makes me remember every laugh we ever shared, every hard time we've made it through together, and every beautiful moment there is to come.  I love you with all of my heart."  Leland said then brought her hands up and gently placed a kiss upon them.  Jessica collected her thoughts and pushed back the tears before saying her vows.

         "Leland,  I love you so much.  God has given me a second chance at happiness.  I come today to give you my love, to give you my heart and my hope for our future together.  I promise to bring you joy.  Since I have found you I have found a new life.  The decision to commit and share my life with you is one I make happily and with full confidence of our love."  Jessica managed to get out through all her tears, she was so happy she decided to make her vows short.

The officiant finished with the exchanging of the rings.  He announced them husband and wife and Leland wrapped his arms around Jessica and kissed her deeply.  The walked back down the aisle with the biggest smiles on their faces.  Once they were out of view of their guests Leland pulled her in for another kiss.

               "We did it."  Jessica said with her arms around his neck.  

                "We did, you are stuck with me now Mrs. Chapman."  He grinned down at her.

                " I think I can live with that."  She replied pulling him in for another kiss

***************************************************************************************

Authors Note

Yay!  They finally got married!  I would like to thank all of you for sticking with me while I went through  a time with writers block.  It was just driving me crazy.  I am proud that it took a while to get through it so I could make sure you guys enjoyed this special chapter.  I will be posting the next Chapter within the week.  What is a wedding without a party!  Hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment to me.  I love hearing from you!