Chapter 19: Life is changing

Over the next few months the relationship between Jessica and Leland grew, they started going out on family outings with all the kids and spending a lot more time together. Jessica was doing well as the Chapman's photographer she had done so much work with them. They went out and finished another season of Dog and Beth on the hunt. Jessica got a lot of praise for her work with the team she won a few awards for her work on the show and was offered a lot of money to leave the show, but decided to stay because she loved the work she was doing. She also loved being around the Chapman family, seeing what they do to help others even when not bounty hunting she was so inspired by them and went with them to do charity work. Jessica was so happy with how things were going with her life, she was with a great man and had the best job in the world. She even starting studing up on bail bonds to know more about what the family did. The show had finished taping for the season so they were back in Hawaii just relaxing, the Chapman were working on their own bonds and jumps. Jessica was taking some time off and doing a few free lance projects. 

On Ohau with the Chapmans 

Leland was over on the island of Ohau helping his dad out on a couple of jumps. They had just finished with their last jump and were relaxing when Leland started talking to Dog. "Dad, I need you to help me out with something?"

 "What is that son?" Dog asked, "is it some jumps?"

 "No nothing like that, I am going to propose to Jessica, I need you to help me so it is the best time she will ever have."

 "You are going to propose? That's great Son! What can I do?" At that moment Beth came in.

 "What are you doing?" she said sitting down next to Dog

 "Leland needs my help so he can propose to Jessica." Beth smiled from ear to ear with that news.

 "So what do we need to do?" Beth said making sure she was a part of it. 

 "Well on I was going to take her to dinner and then to the beach where I wanted to have a area set up with champagne and flowers and things like that, I would need your help with that. If I get things started can you make sure it is perfect when we get there?" He asked

 "Of course. as long as we can stay and watch?" Beth said to Leland 

 "Sure just stay out of the way where she can't see you, I don't want to tip her off."

 "Did you get the ring yet?" Beth asked

 "Yes," he said pulling it out of his bag. It was a white gold ring with a princess cut diamond in the center with two smaller diamonds on either side, it also had smaller diamond around the sides of the band. Beth looked at the ring then back up at Leland. 

 "She is going to love it. I am so happy for you. So when is this happening?" 

 "Friday, I told her we are going to dinner but she has no idea, I need you guys to come to the big island to help me out." 

 "We will be there." Beth replied. 

Over the next few days Leland got things together for the special day. On Friday morning Beth and Dog flew in and helped Leland set up the beach. He left them there to finish up and he went to go and get ready for dinner. Around five he went to go pick up Jessica when he got to her house he knocked on the door she answered wearing a beautiful coral colored dress that was cut to the knee with a chiffon overlay that flowed when the breeze hit it. Leland just smiled when he saw her. 

 "You look beautiful." he said to her.

 "Thank you, you look handsome. You told me to dress up, I hope this is what you meant?"

"Yes, you look perfect, are you ready to go?" he asked extending his hand out.

 "Let's go." she said grabbing his hand they went out to the car to head to dinner. When they got to the resturant and ordered their dinner Jessica was looking around in awe of how nice this place was. "This place is wonderful, so pretty."

 "This is a nice place, I thought you would like, just wanted to take you somewhere nice." Leland replied.

 "I am having a great time, thank you so much." She said as the dinner arrived, they ate and talked for a while. Leland then asked if she was ready to go out and have some more fun. She said yes and they headed to the car. Leland drove over to the beach and they got out of the car. 

 "Oh the beach, look at that sunset, it is beautiful." Jessica said stepping out.

 "It sure is," Leland replied, he was starting to get nervous, "want to go for a walk?" 

 "I would love to, just let me take off my shoes." She said taking them off. They headed down to the beach. They walked the beach for a little while when Jessica could see the area Leland had set up in the distance. She was not sure if it was for her though. As they got closer, Leland guided her to the area when they got to it there was a blanket set up with rose petals spread out in the shape of a heart and a bottle of champagne chilling in a small cooler Jessica looked up at him. 

 "Is this for me?" She asked with a smile and putting her shoes down. 

 "Yes it is," she said smiling back to her he then got down on one knee, "Jessica, you have made me so happy, our time together has been the best time of my life, I don't want it to end. You are the best thing to happen to me and I love you so much" he then pulled the ring out of his pocket and continued " Jessica Silver, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" he said opening the box to show the ring.Jessica just gasped and put her hand over her face and began to cry, she couldn't believe this was happening to her, she then smiled and said yes. Leland placed the ring on her finger and got up and kissed her, she wrapped her arms around him and just started to cry. They hugged for a long time. Beth and Dog came over and when Jessica composed herself she looked over and saw them. 

 "Congratulations!" Beth said giving Jessica a big hug. 

 "Thank you," she replied a litttle surprised. Leland explainded that they helped set it up for him so it would be perfect she just smiled, Dog and Beth stayed for a moment then left the two to celebrate. They sat down on the blanket and Leland poured the champagne "Heres to our life together." he said raisinng his glass.

 "Cheers" Jessica replied raising hers, they clanked glasses then kissed. "I can't believe this, this was the most amazing night, I love you " 

 "I love you too." he replied putting his arm around her. They watched the sunset on the beach just enjoying every moment of the day. When the sun went down they picked up and headed back to the car, Jessica took a couple rose petals to dry out and put in a scrap book. They headed back to Jessicas house, they went inside and told Amanda about the engagemet before she went home. Amanda was thrilled about it. After she left they sat on the couch. "I can't believe we are getting married." Jessica said looking at her ring. 

 "Yes we are, so when do you want to get married?" He asked her. 

 "I'm not sure." 

 "I was thinking we could get married before the next season of filming. I know it would be quick but we wouldn't have to worry about the show that way." 

 "Wow that is quick, but I understand what you mean."

 "Well what do you think?" "I think....." Jessica thought about it, "Let's do it, but it is just going to be something simple right. I don't want anything big."

 "Me either."

 "I don't know about you, but I just want immediate family, I would love to get married on the beach, small ceremony and reception."

 "I agree." They started planning through the night and decided that they would get married next month on the day that she came to start working for them. They wanted to include the kids in some way.

 "I have to call my mom, she is going to need to book a flight right away." Jessica said. "Do you think we could pull this off in a month?"

 "I think so, plus you know Beth will be all over it."

 "Here we go." Jessica said putting her head on Lelands shoulder.