✧ chapter 5 ✧

word count: 1315 words

it was quite hard for you to focus on what maki was saying since you were constantly distracted by the warm touch that you felt from your right. it wasn't that much of a deal really, inumaki's side was just pressed by yours since the room was quite cramped. you didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable so you wanted to shift to the left a little but that would make you hit itadori instead. since you were now in between of two boys you realized how small the space was since you usually had no problem leaning on nobara. 

"y/n."

 you snapped back to reality and turned to your right.

"uh, yes, inumaki-senpai?"

"are you okay? you haven't done any of the questions given yet."

"sorry, i was just... never mind."

"if you're confused about anything, you can just ask me, okay?"

"sure, thanks."

you nodded slightly and started doing the math problems on the board. ugh, despite doing good in math, you still hated all subjects that included numbers. you let out a loud sigh which apparently was audible for the white haired boy.

"got a problem, y/n?"

"ah, not really. i just, don't feel like doing math stuff now. brain lag, you know."

"that's okay. here, let me help you."

he reached for your pen which you were still holding, making your hands lightly brushing against each other. his touch, it felt so soft, warm, and comforting. he finally got it in his grasp and begin explaining the problem while writing on your book making him closer to you than before. you crossed your arms closer to your chest to give him space to write. you smiled at his gesture, wondering why he didn't just write in his own book with his own pen. it didn't matter though, you loved what he was doing and felt butterflies in your stomach. 

then you felt it. a soft touch on your left shoulder. you noticed that inumaki had his arm around your chair as he was trying to explain some stuff even though you knew he was probably quite flustered at this point and couldn't focus on the problem anyway. you leaned back further, letting your back rub against his warm hand. well at that point, you tried hard to focus on what he was saying so you kept your eyes on the book, not taking a glance at him. 

"...and so you just finish this part and there, the answer's 21. got it?"

you turned slightly to look at him only to realize how close he was to you. his violet eyes glistened and you could see your reflection on it. you might have even seen a slight pink color on his cheeks even though they were covered. for what seemed like forever, the two of you just kept silent, locking into each other's eyes.

"um, yes. thank you, inumaki-senpai."

you then looked forward and wanted to take the pen back from his hand. he still held on to it though, letting your fingers touch his for quite some time before he finally let go and placed it gently in your hand. you gave him a smile and began writing the next problem on a new page. after a while, you put your pen down and tilted your head upwards while leaning backwards to reduce the strain on your neck. that was when you felt something supporting your head and realized he still had his hand around you all this time. you quickly got yourself back up and continued writing before he could make your cheeks more red than before. 

"alright, guys. time's up. let's move on to the next topic. panda, stop taking selfies. you look the same as always."

everyone then turned to panda who seemed to be taking selfies.