✧ chapter 12 ✧

word count: 1745 words
↳ angst begins here 

it was monday. the day inumaki would tell you whatever he wanted to say to you. and now you were daydreaming of what he would probably say to you while listening (or maybe not) to nanami-sensei. 

"y/n. what is the answer to the question on the board?"

you nearly jumped out from your seat and looked straight ahead. nanami-sensei pointed to a math question on the board. despite being doing well in math, you still struggled to understand the newest material that was taught. 

"ummm... i-i'm not sure, nanami-sensei."

"focus, y/n. what distracted you from focusing on me?"

"uhh... nothing. i'm sorry. i'll try to focus better."

nanami-sensei nodded and returned to board. 

damn it, maybe mom was right. having a crush does distract you from your studies. 

you groaned as you began writing the answer to the question on the board and you saw nobara smirking at you from the corner of your eye. 

what? 

you mouthed. she just shook her head and smirked. 

later~

you rolled your eyes and faced to the front of the class again. 

***mini timeskip***

once nanami-sensei leaved the class for recess time, nobara immediately jumped out of her seat and slammed your table.

"what the heck, nobara??"

"Y/N!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE DATING INUMAKI-SENPAI???"

your cheeks heated up from what she said straight out of the blue.

"HAH?! I'M NOT DATING HIM-"

"NO WAY YOU'RE NOT! YOU LITERALLY WENT OUT WITH HIM LAST FRIDAY!!"

you sighed and buried your head in your hands that were crossed above your table.

"it's not. a. date. and please don't scream. thank you."

"but y/nnnn! has he even confessed or anything?"

"nah. not yet."

the memory of inumaki saying that he wanted to tell you something crossed your mind suddenly.

"soon. perhaps."

"THEN THAT'S A GOOD SIGN!! WHEN?"

"i don't know, okay? just give him time. anyway, it's not like i'm so sure of his feelings yet."

"but i bet you're hoping he has those feelings, right~"

"i would be lying if i said i didn't."

nobara then shook you like crazy.

"AHHHH!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO BE OFFICIAL!!"

"nobara, stop it! don't be too loud too! he might even be listening right now!"

"nah, he won't. chill out, y/n."

"y/n, was it?"

then you heard someone from behind you called out your name. you turned your head to see a girl with blonde hair that was tied into two ponytails. 

"um, yes. why?"

"nice to meet you! i'm a new transfer student and i thought i'd like to get to know everyone better!"