✧ chapter 17 ✧

word count: 2091 words

"y/n!! get down already!!"

"yes, mom!"

you were frantically trying to pack your books into your school bag as you forgot to prepare them the night before since you were super excited about everything that happened. you then slammed the door behind you as you raced down the stairs and saw your mother ready to hand you your breakfast which was already packed in a lunch box.

"what took you so long?! now you won't have time to eat your bread!"

you grabbed the lunchbox from her and ran to the door.

"no worries, mom! i'll eat it on the way! bye!"

your mother sighed.

"alright dear, stay safe! oh and he's already waiting for you outside!"

your heart skipped a beat as you closed the door behind you. you gasped as you saw him standing in front of your house, smiling.

"t-toge? what are you doing here??"

"walking you to school. that's fine with you, right?"

you felt your heart beating faster as you walked closer to him. you then gave him a smile.

"yes, of course. thank you."

you joined inumaki on his right side and the two of you began walking. he then spoke up after a few minutes of silence.

"so... it seems like you've told your mother? she didn't seem surprised when she saw me through the window earlier."

you looked at him and locked eyes.

"oh, yeah. i told her yesterday. took a lot of courage, to be honest."

***flashback***

okay, calm down, y/n. you have to tell her. 

those thoughts raced through your mind as you took a bite of the macaroni and cheese your mom made for dinner. you then glanced at hikaru and saw her grinning at you.

i have to tell mom before hikaru tells her first. 

you swallowed the food in your mouth and gulped. your mother seemed to notice your weird manner.

"what's wrong, y/n? not feeling well?"

"um... that's not it mom. i..."

she raised an eyebrow at you and you looked to your right to avoid her gaze.

"i have a boyfriend."

you said the last words as fast you could and you looked back at her to see her jaw drop. 

oh no....

your mother blinked several times and took a deep breath before looking at you again.

"it's that boy isn't it?"

you sighed.

"um, yeah. look mom, i thought about what you told me that day but i just wanted to give this one a chance that may never come back. who knows if we're going to meet again in 5 years?"

"then what's. the. point. of. it?"

you bit your lip.

"i just want to cherish every moment with him."

you mother rubbed her temples and sighed.

"y/n, i know you're old enough to decide for yourself. do what you want but make sure it doesn't affect your life too much."