✧ chapter 9 ✧

word count: 2199 words

it was finally the last day of your midterms. you had promised inumaki via chat the night before to get ice cream after school again at kitsune ice cream. and on this time you truly realized your feelings for him. that you liked him.

despite that, you tried to hide your feelings since you didn't truly knew whether he returned your newfound feelings or he was just being nice. you did wonder though if he actually liked you. your head was filled with thoughts while you walked down the hall alone since nobara had some football practice until you heard someone call your name.

"y/n!"

"oh, toge-senpai!"

you turned around to see him running to you, the strands of his hair flowing with the wind. you felt that you blushed a little and tried to ignore it. 

"sorry i'm a little late. i had to help panda clean up the class."

"no prob."

the two of you began walking towards the busy streets.

"so how's the math test?"

"quite good, i guess. oh and thankfully the one that you taught me yesterday really appeared on today's exam! plus it was on the essay section!"

"really? that's great then!"

"yep! what about you?"

"it was pretty good. i had maki recite the formulas to me before the test, after all."

you let out a small laugh and so did he. after talking about the past exams, he started a new topic.

"so y/n, what are your plans after high school?"

"oh- well, my mom wants me to go abroad for college."

"have you decided what to take yet?"

"nah. i'm quite confused about that kind of stuff. there's too many of them, after all."

"don't worry, i'm also quite confused about what do take. i might take either data science or just cook. i mean, i'm quite good at it."

"oh really? then i'd like to try your cooking someday!"

inumaki gave you a small smirk.

"who knows, you might be able to try it everyday in 5 years or so~"

you took your time to understand what he meant and instantly your cheeks heated up. you looked away trying to hide your face from him and kept walking but you heard him snicker. suddenly, you felt his hand into yours and you became more embarrassed. 

"we never know, y/n. it might happen."

"um, y-yes..."

"you don't have to hide your face. c'mon, look at me. i love looking at your pretty face."

you sighed at his words and tried to think of something else so you wouldn't explode from the 'heat'. you wanted to walk faster so he would just see you from behind but his hand pulled you back. you then felt something touch your chin softly and it turned your face to him, making you stop in your tracks. you let out a small smile, knowing you probably looked like a fresh tomato by now. he just laughed and unzipped his jacket's collar while coming closer to you. and while you were admiring his marks you suddenly felt something warm on your forehead. he kissed you.

WHA- ok calm down, y/n. it's just on your forehead. CALM DOWN.

after a while he moved back and gave you a smile that made you melt. you wanted to flinch but his finger was still on your chin, keeping your head in place and he held your hand tighter, as if he didn't want you to leave.