Chapter 2

Jaemin's P.O.V

*ONE YEAR LATER*

I just want the last day of school to come already.” My new friend Shotaro stated -- a couple of months ago, Yangyang just up and disappeared, no one knows where he went. But it’s a good thing these two were there to help me feel less lonely. I kept on calling and texting Yangyang, but he would never answer my texts or answer my calls. I really don’t know what I did to make him ignore me. Hmm. I don’t even know where he is.

Dude, the school year started like last week.” My other new friend Sungchan says.

I know, and I’m already over it.” Shotaro says and I chuckled.

Ooh, here comes lover boy.” Sungchan teased, and I look over to see Jeno, and I smiled and I ran over to him, and I hugged him tightly.

Hey, Nana, what’s up?” Jeno asked me and I shrugged.

Nothing much. Shotaro is complaining that he wants the school year to be over.” I say and he furrowed his eyebrows.

It just started.” Jeno says and I nodded.

I know.” I say and he chuckled “So, do you want to hang out after school today?” I ask and Jeno sighed.

Sorry, bunny, I can’t. I have my job.” He told me and I frowned, Jeno seems to go to his job more than he wants to hang out with me. But the crazy thing is, that I don’t know what his job is.

It’s okay. I’ll just hang out with Shotaro and Sungchan.” I say and he nodded, and I gave him a quick kiss, and I walked back over to the table where Shotaro and Sungchan sat.

Not hanging out with you again?” Sungchan asked and I sighed and shook my head.

No, he has his job.” I replied.

But he doesn’t even tell you what his job is.” Sungchan says and I sighed and shrugged.

Wait so lemme get this straight, you’ve been dating him for a year, he has this job that he won’t tell you about, he stops hanging out with you, and you still trust him?” Shotaro asked, and I nodded.

Yeah. Of course, I trust him. Would there be any reason for me not to trust him?” I ask Shotaro, and he sighed.

I don’t trust him.” Shotaro states.

Me either.” Sungchan says, and I was just confused.

Well, I trust him.” I say, and I stood up from the table.

Jaemin, where are you going?” Shotaro asked.

I’m going to the library. See you in class.” I told him, and I walked away from the two boys. I don’t get it. Why wouldn’t I trust Jeno? What do they know about my boyfriend, that I don’t know?

Jeno's P.O.V

Alright, so what’s the deal on Liu Yangyang, has anybody found him yet?” Jeno asked, as we were all in our secret place to do our meetings -- it’s basically just the abandoned warehouse about a mile from school.

Nope. He left no trail at all.” Donghyuck says.

Why do we keep acting like agents? We’re gang members, we kill people, not find missing people.” Renjun states and I sighed.