Chapter 14

Jaemin's P.O.V

*A COUPLE DAYS LATER*

I was busy in an abandoned field a couple miles out from my house, with Jeno as we were doing some long fire target practice.

I was missing most of the cans on the table, which is pretty unusual for me, since I was a pretty good shot when we started out . . . but I guess I’m just having an off day, and Jeno took notice of that.

What’s going on with you bunny? ‘Cause I know for a fact you could hit those cans with your eyes closed.” Jeno commented, and I just shook my head, as I gave him the gun back.

Jeno looked at me confused, as I planted myself on the ground, and he followed my footsteps, laying down right next to me.

I don’t know. I’m having an off day. Everything keeps getting jumbled up, and I keep remembering Yangyang's death. Every little thing is getting me out of focus.” I tell Jeno.

Jeno turned over to his side, and I did the same thing, so we were basically looking at each other.

Is it because your parents are coming back from their business trip?” Jeno asked me.

My parents finally decided to come back home for a little while, they were getting stressed out from the excessive working, so they decided to take a leave off. I haven’t seen my parents in a couple months, so I’m a little nervous of seeing them again.

I guess.” I replied.

Jeno wrapped his arm around my waist, and pulled me closer to him, so I had my head near his collarbone.

Don’t be so stressed out, my love. It’s gonna be fine.” Jeno reassured and I sighed softly.

He’s right. I know he’s right. But god, why can’t I just let these feelings go?

Alright.” I whispered.

You know how much I love you right?” Jeno asked and I looked up to him.

He never really brought up the ‘L’ word before. Hell, I never did it either. We’ve been together for a year, and we never really mentioned the word “Love” before. Which is sad if you think about it.

Yeah, of course. I love you from how much you love me. The same.” I say, and he smiled.

I know we never really said ‘I love you’ to each other since we started dating, and I really had gotten the courage to finally say it,” Jeno says and I smile at his nervousness. “So here it goes, Na Jaemin, I love you.” Jeno said with a little shake in his voice from the nervousness, but he sounded confident at the same time.

I smiled and replied with, “I love you too, Lee Jeno.

Jeno smiled and he held onto me tighter, and I felt myself start to drift away, as this scene just felt so peaceful, so peaceful that nothing could break it apart.

Okay, this is kind of getting weird. Sungchan and Shotaro are nowhere to be seen now, as it turned out they don’t even go to school here anymore. What made them BOTH just drop out of the school? Basically everyone is finding it just normal . . . but me.

What is up with you?” Taeyong asked me as I walked into the warehouse, sitting down in a chair.

I’m just confused.” I replied.

With what?” Mark asked me.

Sungchan and Shotaro.” I answered.

What about those two?” Chenle asked.

I see Jisung tense up when I mentioned Sungchan and Shotaro, which made me a little bit confused, but I just let that go by, because it’s none of my business.

They literally just left school randomly, and I just found it kind of odd.” I tell him.

Well people tend to leave school randomly, if they switch to a completely different school, so maybe they switched schools.” Yuta says.

Yeah, I got that. But do friends really switch schools together?

Yeah, but together?” I ask voicing out my thoughts.

Sometimes. Yeah.” Donghyuck answered.

I sighed softly, as I put my head in my arms, as I felt myself get tired, and drift off.

Jeno's P.O.V

I walked inside the warehouse, to see the guys setting stuff up, and I saw Jaemin asleep at the table. I smiled softly at his sleeping figure, as he looked so freaking peaceful.

Hey, what’s up.” I said to the others, as I ran my hand down Jaemin's head.

Nothing much, really.” Renjun answered.

Jeez, how much sleep did he get last night?” Taeyong asked me, talking about Jaemin.

I shrugged slightly, Jaemin seemed he got enough sleep last night from how energetic he was this morning. He just must be out of it.

He seemed fine this morning, maybe he’s just tired from school.” I answered and she nodded.

Alright, where are we at with finding Johnny?” I ask, as I ruffled Jaemin's hair, walking away from him.

Sadly, not very far.” Donghyuck says, and I sighed.

His minions went off the map, either their phones are turned off, or they are using burner phones, and Doyoung can’t track them.” Chenle said as he sat down in his chair.

I just really want to get rid of this motherfucker, before he gets anywhere near Jaemin. . . again!

Has Doyoung called you guys back in the last couple of days?” Yuta asked.

He called me talking about how he lost track of them yesterday, but that’s it.” Jisung piped up.

We’re closer than we have been before though.” Renjun says.

That is true. We’re getting closer to Johnny than we have been in the last four years.

Yeah. But we need to hurry, before he catches up to Jaemin.” I say to him.

With what Lucas said about what Johnny was going to do to him, just made me feel sick. Fuck, thinking about it just made me feel sick.” Taeyong says and I nodded.

There is NO fucking way, I’m gonna let ANYONE put their hands on Jaemin. This is really why I didn’t want to have him involved in this life. Dangerous people would threaten me, by threatening Jaemin.

People like Johnny will use the people you care about the most as leverage, so they could get what they want, because if you don’t, they’ll either hurt or kill them.

I don’t know what I would do if Jaemin was hurt by him or worse . . . killed by him. Jaemin is the only thing I have left in my life, and if he’s gone, I will have no one. Yeah sure I would have the guys, but that’s not the same. I love Jaemin. I love him so much, that when I’m away from him for more than ten minutes, I start getting anxious, that I think something bad has happened to him.

I need to protect him. And I’m going to die trying.