Chapter 9

Jeno's P.O.V

*FLASHBACK FOUR YEARS AGO*

Jeno~~” I heard a voice singing, shaking me, and I just groaned, slapping the hands away, as I wanted to sleep a little bit longer, than what this person is trying to get me to do.

Go away.” I say tiredly and the voice chuckled.

Come on, Jeno, it’s your birthday, you don’t wanna sleep through your birthday do you?” The person asked, and I groaned. What’s the big deal, it’s just turning fourteen.

I opened my eyes, and I looked up to see my older brother, Jaehyun just smiling down at me. Our parents had died in a house fire when Jaehyun was only fourteen years old, me being only ten years old.

There’s my brother. Now get up, we got a lot of things planned today.” Jaehyun told me and I groaned softly.

Hyung, I’m just turning fourteen, it’s not a big deal.” I say while sitting up, and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Jaehyun gave me this disapproving look and he shook his head.

Jeno, you only turn fourteen once, savour it, because then comes high school, and then college.” Jaehyun told me and I snort.

You say it like it’s such a bad thing.” I say, as I got up from my bed, and grab some random clothes to wear for the day.

It is!” Jaehyun exclaimed which caused me to laugh.

Keep telling yourself that.” I replied.

Okay, little brother what do you want to do first?” Jaehyun asked me as we were walking down the sidewalk of our neighborhood, as we had just left our house.

Go back to bed.” I replied and I felt him hit me on the back of the head.

I’m serious.” Jaehyun told me.

I was also serious . . . by the way, that hurt.” I say as I was rubbing the back of my head, trying to get rid of the pain that was now fizzing up in the back of my head.

Sorry, Jeno, but come on what do you really want to do?” He asked and I sighed.

Well, I really wanted to eat at that ice cream place that just opened up.” I say and Jaehyun smiled.

Of course, you would want to do that.” He chuckled, and I smiled widely, he knows that I have this huge obsession with ice cream, and when I heard about the new ice cream shop that opened up, I begged Jaehyun to take me to it, but he was so busy with his job that he couldn’t . . . which makes me think of it -- Jaehyun has never told me what his job actually was.

So are you having a good birthday so far?” Jaehyun asked me and I smiled softly and I nodded.

Yeah, it sucks that I have to start school only a couple of weeks after that.” I say and Jaehyun chuckled.

Just be lucky that you don’t have your birthday during school -- that is literally the worst.” Jaehyun told me and I shook my head, he doesn’t have his birthday during school, he has no room to talk.

I guess.” I say, and then I see a few guys walk up to us -- and I was confused.

Who are these people?

One was big and tall, the other two were a little bit smaller, but they had masks up to their face so I couldn’t see what they looked like, only the big and tall person is the one not wearing a mask.