𝟎𝟎𝟓.i wanna see them fight

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter five

═══════════════

𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘴 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

"DISORIENTED. I guess that comes closest.

Disoriented. Fear, confusion... all those things but... Disoriented comes closest." Her father said as the group sat around a campfire under the night sky. On the left side of Rick sat his wife and on the other side sat Rory with her head laid down on his chest and Carl on his lap. Rory laid her head comfortably on her fathers chest listening to his beating heart. It smoothed her. Apart of her still thought it was all a dream. That she would wake up in the tent and this whole day would of just been one big dream she was having.

"Words can be meager things. Sometimes they fall short." Dale said. Rory's father continued.

"I felt like I'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else. For a while I thought I was trapped in some coma dream, something I might not wake up from ever." Rick said to the group.

"Mom said you died." Rory heard her little brother say making her eyes snap to look at a some what guilty Shane. That was another thing she was thinking about. Shane.

He was the one who delivered the news saying he went to the hospital and was going to get Rick only to say he couldn't hear a heartbeat. But here he was live and in the flesh breathing normally.

"She had every reason to believe that. Don't you two ever doubt it." He said looking at his son then tightening the arm he had around his daughters shoulders pulling her a little closer.

"When things started to get really bad, they told me at the hospital that they were gonna medevac you and the other patients to Atlanta, and it never happened." Her mother explained. Rory couldn't tell how her mother was feeling. She had a look that looked to be one of guilt but she couldn't tell.

"Well, I'm not surprised after Atlanta fell - and from the look of that hospital, it got overrun." Rick said.

"Yeah, looks don't deceive. I barely got them out, you know?" Shane said. Rory narrowed her eyes sightly in his direction. Yes it was mostly thanks to Shane that they got out but she couldn't stop thinking of how he said her father was dead but he wasn't. Had Shane lied to them.

"I can't tell you how grateful I am to you, Shane. I can't begin to express it." He said and again pulling both his children and wife closer to him. The group fell into an assorted silence all in their own thoughts looking into the camp fire that stood in the middle keeping them all warm.