𝟎𝟑𝟕.this is the day i make you mine

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter thirty seven

═══════════════

𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

PEACE WAS STILL an option. At least according to her father. They'd called a meeting. Between the two sides leaders – Rick Grimes and the governor. To Aurora Grimes this was a trap. She hated the idea of her father going off alone to some unknown location to have a sorta truce meeting with the man. Rick - to try and ease his daughters worries informed her of the fact both Daryl and Hershel were going to be accompanying him.

Was that suppose to make her feel better? For some reason Rick Grimes thought it would. He was terribly wrong. She argued him on it. Pushing for him to see that this whole meeting was a waste of time and would achieve absolutely nothing. But alas the man has put his foot down – telling his daughter it was his call and that was it. Rory scoffed but didn't argue. It was like arguing with a wall.

"Carl, come here." Glenn called over as Rory snapped herself out of her thoughts. They were packing and storing weapons. They had to be ready. In case the plan for peace was a bust and if the governor decided to pull a fast one on them – they'd be ready.

"You stash these at the loading dock. All right?" He said making the Grimes boy nod as he went to do as he was told. "Ev, put more up on the catwalk." He told Everett nodded moving towards Glenn taking them and doing so.

"If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo." He said. Rory hated this. She wouldn't mind if it was a war she was fighting herself but this war was affecting her family. More importantly her siblings. Carl and Judith. Carl was thirteen and Judith – she was a baby. War wasn't the kind a place for a child let along a baby.

"I'll go work on the cage outside." Glenn said as he went to do so before a voice stopped them all.

"What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the Governor." Merle spoke up as he leaned himself on the railing overlooking them all.

"We know where he is right now." Merle said

"Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" Glenn snapped at the Dixon.

"Yeah, I am." Merle said

"We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put." Michonne said not taking her eyes off what she was doing.