𝟎𝟐𝟑.raise your gun you bastard

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter twenty three

═══════════════

𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

AS THE SUN

rosed – light shine down upon the Greene family farm – each being that lived on that farm stood around as they prepared to say goodbye to a beloved member of their group – Dale.

Tho Rory may have not spoken with the man much Dale had always made a point to the girl that if she needed anything he would be there. He was the one who gave her the sketch pad that helped her through the time when she thought her father was dead. He was like the grandfather of the group – always looking out for everyone, keeping them in line and just being someone to get quality advice from.

The fate that felt upon Dale Horvath was one that wasn't deserved. One that Rory would argue was the worst of all.

"Dale could — could get under your skin." Her father spoke as the group stood around the grave they'd dug for Dale.

"He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave." He said. Rory stood beside her brother looking to the ground – holding back tears that threatened to fall.

"Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us--The truth... Who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives... Our safety......our future." He said as everyone looked to Rick – their leader.

"We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on... We're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"IT'LL BE TIGHT, 14 people in one house." Her father said as everyone began loading supplies into the blue truck. Hershel had announced that the group could move into the farmhouse instead of sleeping outside in tents. Rory was glad she no longer had to sleep on a sleeping bag in a tent but also conscious of the amount of people that'd she'd have to share with.