𝟎𝟑𝟔.thats the thing about death

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter thirty six

═══════════════

𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

ROADTRIPS WERE ALWAYS something Rory hated. The hot car, the long hours on end just sitting there, the eventual fighting that would sworn in the words of "hey stop looking out my window". Sure they weren't the worst thing in the world but it wasn't exactly Rory's favourite. But alas she sat in the back seat of that car right next to her brother as both Michonne and her father sat in the front seat. She would have rather been back at the prison with Judith, Everett and – Beth. She couldn't get the moment she had with her out of her mind. Beth almost kissed her. They almost kissed. Rory hadn't even began to fully process that until right now. But Beth was the one who made the first move – perhaps Beth felt the same way she did.

However her plans to find out were foiled when her father insisted she come. She couldn't blame him for wanting her. The place they were going wasn't just any random pit stop – it was King County, Georgia – the place Aurora Grimes was born and raised. Her home town. The place she took her first steps, the place she went to school, the place most of her major life events took place – it was her home. Was.

Apart of the reason she didn't want to go was the thought of seeing her once peaceful home in ruins. She wanted to remember that place the best way she possibly could. And it in ruins surrounded by walkers was not the way to go. But she didn't put up a fight. She simply nodded as her father then told her that both Carl and Michonne would be accompanying them. Rory understood why he'd bring Carl and had a pretty good idea as to why he was so insistent on Michonne coming. He still didn't trust her.

Rory was clear on how she felt about Michonne, she trusted the woman. She knew both her brother and father didn't but she did. All her thoughts were put on hold as they drove down a road that appeared to have a broken down man calling out to them.

He called for help – clutching onto his orange backpack as he ran after their car. Both Michonne and her father didn't even bat an eye. Michonne hadn't stopped the car nor had her father given the word to help. Rory didn't say anything. Her eyes fell to her brother who's eyes followed back to look at the begging man on the road.

As they continued down the empty road they suddenly came across a row of cars along with some walkers that blocked the road ahead. Michonne had driven the car to the side of the road onto the grass as to bypass the cars. Suddenly the car came to a stop as Michonne attempted to accelerate their way out but to no avail. The car was stuck.

As Rory went to open her car door suddenly a walked came out of nowhere slamming on it as more and more joined eventually covering all the windows of the cars. Rory watched as her father removed his gun as he turned back to look at his children.