𝟎𝟎𝟖.an old mans watch

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter eight

═══════════════

𝘝𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘴 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

𝘝𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘴 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

"YOU THINK JIM WILL BE OK?"

Carl asked his sister walking along side her as Shane walked in front of them. The trio were heading down towards Jim. Rory looked down at her brother giving him a reassuring smile. "Of course he will. He just wasn't feeling well but now that he is he can come back to camp." She said just as the two come to a stop watching as Shane bent down now eye level with Jim.

"Hey, Jim. How you feeling, man?" Shane asked.

"I'm better. More myself now." He said giving an assuring nod. He looked a lot better.

"I hope you understand the need for this... this timeout. I've got others I've got to think about. I just want to make sure there's no... there's no hard feelings." Shane said feeling sightly guilty for what he had to do to keep the man safe from everyone and himself. Jim shook his head with a smile.

"There's not. I do understand." He said making Shane ease up.

"Okay. Why don't you come join in with the rest of us? Big ol' fish fry." He said. Jim eyes found the Grimes siblings for a second before looking back at Shane.

"I'd like that very much."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AS DAY TURNED TO NIGHT Rory found herself sitting next to her brother as the whole group including Sophia and Carol sat around and enjoyed a nice fish dinner. Everyone found themselves talking amongst themselves everyone smiling and having a good time. Fish wasn't Rory favourite food but at a time like this when food was scarce she'd eat anything that was put in front of her.

"I've got to ask you, man. It's been driving me crazy." Morales spoke up gaining the groups attention. The question at hand was directed towards Dale.

"What?" Dale asked.

"That watch." The man said pointing towards the older man's watch. "What's wrong with my watch?" Dale asked confused on what the man meant.

"I see you every day, the same time, winding that thing like a village priest saying mass." He said.

"I've wondered this myself." Jacqui also said.