𝟎𝟐𝟗.there a new woman was born

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter twenty nine

═══════════════

𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

ALL WAS QUITE.

All was still. Aurora Grimes stood in shock – her mind still catching up with the events that transpired not moments ago. The sound of her mother screams still rang clear as day in the girls ear. She was too indulged with her thoughts to notice Everett standing in front of her – eyes full of concern as he gently called out the girls name. Rory? Rory? The sound of his voice rang through the girls ears – but not louder then her mothers screams – not louder then the gun shot that occurred once brother and sister pulled on it. It was a still feeling. It was a cold feeling.

"Rory?" The sound of a sweet southern that once brought Rory's comfort manage to pull her out of her trance as she locked eyes with Beth who too had walked over to the girl. Rory was so lost in her own world. Beth walked closer to the girl as Ev stood back allowing Beth to now stand fully in front of the Grimes girl. Beth knew how Rory felt. She was in shock and lost. And Beth was determined to help the girl in any ways means. Rory's eyes slowly drifted from the comforts of Beth's and locked onto her brother who held tightly in his arms their baby sibling.

Somehow her legs managed to move themselves over towards the trio as Beth and Ev stood back and watched as Rory made her way over to Carl and the baby. Rory's eyes locked with the babies. Her beautiful hazel brown eyes melted the girls heart.

"Can I." The cracked voice of Rory said– her eyes never leaving the baby. Carl understood what his sister was trying to ask. She wanted to hold the baby. The boy nodded placing the child gently into Rory's awaiting arms.

"It's a girl." Hershel said. Rory face remained straight. Her lips still in a thin line. Her mind was overwhelmed with all that had happened. But Rory tried to push it all aside and focus on the baby – her baby sister.

"She's beautiful." Rory's soft restraint voice said – her throat still extremely sore from all the crying and sobbing. The girls thin lips slowly turned into a light smile as she glazed into the eyes of her baby sister. But then it hit her.

This baby was without a mother – she was without a mother and her father as god knows where. Feeling her chest become heavy and her breathing hard to manage the girl placed the baby back into her brothers arms turning herself around heavily and walking away clutching onto her stomach.