𝟎𝟑𝟖.make the choice to last a lifetime

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter thirty eight

═══════════════

𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘺 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘺 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

SHE DIDN'T WANT A WAR.

She just wanted peace. It was bad enough the world was infected with these biters but now people were turning on people. Her father had gone and talked to the leader of the prison group. Maddi didn't know what went down but given the fact she was standing watching as some of the folks from town were loading up weapons. It didn't go to plan. Maddi then started questioning her father's intentions. What if he actually wanted a war? Maddi couldn't understand it.

She watched as martinez along with a few other men loaded up weapons into the back of a truck. Maddi made her way towards them just as she noticed Milton standing their along with Andrea. "My dad want all this." Maddi asked making her presence known to the adults. "I'm sure he's just wanting them as a way of force – no need to worry sweetheart." Milton said as he hurried away walking back towards his secret lab. Maddi frowned at the way Milton said it. Almost as if he was scared and unsure. That made Maddi even more uneasy.

"You know what's going on." Maddi asked her eyes now locked into the blonde. Andrea shrugged. "Beats me." She said. As both Maddi and Andrea stood there only moments later Milton came running from the building towards the girls. "You two have to come with me." He said. Both Maddi and Andrea shared a puzzled look as both girls took off after Milton as the trio now walked down one of the back alleys of Woodbury.

"There is no deal." Milton started off. "Philip's asked for Michonne." He said. Michonne. Andreas friend and the one who killed her sister. She knew what her father said about letting go was bullshit. He was far from that. He wanted Michonne for revenge.

"Rick would never agree to that." Andrea said talking about the leader of the prison group.

"Whether he hands her over or not, he's gonna kill them all." Milton said. Maddi couldn't believe it. Her worst fears were confirmed. Her father had gone mad. He'd kill innocent people for his own game.

"I have to stop this." Andrea said.

"I don't think you can." Milton said back as they walked up the alley turning into the back way of the building Milton was just in they walked up the top and into a room to which Maddi and Andrea both walked towards looking out the shutters to see a room with only a chair and a table.