𝟎𝟏𝟕.i'm a freak your a freak

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter seventeen

═══════════════

𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

"DON'T LOOK SO WORRIED."

her little brother said as he threw some corn at the chickens. Rory was sat on a nearby stump holding a handful of corn helping her mother and brother feed the chickens. Rory was wearing her other pair of cargo pants and one of her spare shirts she had given how her clothes she'd mostly been wearing her absolutely drenched in blood.

It felt good to finally be out of her bed and outside – away from the four bedroom wall room she was slowly getting use to having been in it for several days. Hershel had cleared her saying she was all good to walk like normal. Rick and Lori were of course hesitant but seeing their daughter looking normal and healthy gave them the reassurance they needed. Carl was the first one to hug the girl once she was on her feet. In fact the second her feet touched the ground he launched himself at her holding her tight.

Lori looked up to meet her sons eyes. "It's my job." The woman said. Carl threw some more corn as he shook his head. "No it's not – your a housewife." Lori looked at her son with fake offence taking a hand full of corn chucking it in his direction.

"Yeah punk – you see my house around here?" She asked. Rory chuckled. "More like a ringmaster– you know having to look after a freak like you." Rory joked looking in her brother direction.

"If I'm a freak what that make you?" He asked wearing a smirk. She returned it. "An exquisite being." She said widening the devilish smirk she wore. He shook his head.

"Huh huh I am – I wear dads hat which makes me even more exquisite then you – and he named me family protector." He stated hands on hips wearing a proud smile. Rory chuckled turing to her mother.

"Hear that mom – dopey over here's our new personal body guard – I can practically hear the walkers shaking in their boots." She whispered but made sure Carl could hear. Lori giggled as Carl reached into his bucket grabbing a handful of corn chucking it towards his sister.

"Whatever your just jealous." He teased. Rory rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She said shaking her head. Rory turned to her mother. "That boy has terrible manners – who on earth raised such a child." Rory said smirking. Lori gasped grabbing a handful of corn throwing it at her daughter.