𝟎𝟏𝟑. a peaceful setting

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter thirteen

═══════════════

𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

LOOKING OUT ONTO THE FIELDS

gave him the best feeling. The feeling of calm. The feeling of peace. The feeling of just letting everything go of everything and everyone around. Not that much people were around anyway. Two months it been. Two months since the news broke of the worlds end. It was a normal day for him – a Saturday night – him and three other boys and two girls in a room. He lived in a foster group home. He never minded if their. It was better then the foster homes he'd been in. He hadn't gotten to the group home when he was fourteen.

He remembered sitting on the couch next to his eight year old foster sister mary watching the cartoons she always loved. Everett didn't mind them but he watched them for her. That when an emergency broadcast came up alerting everyone that a massive disaster has occurred and everyone had to get out. Him along with his foster parents and siblings remained in their home. Locking up and barricading themselves within the home. This worked for about two weeks. Until something broke in. Something Everett couldn't explain. A walking dead person.

Soon a whole herd of them broke into the home. Everett still remembers that grave night well. The fighting, the screams, the blood – oh so so much blood. Everett blank out for most of it but all he could tell you was him and two of his foster brothers were the only ones who made it out. Then soon it was just him – wondering the lone roads of outback Georgia with only a single backpack, the bandana he always wore and a pair of size goggles on his head as it was a gift his his foster dad on his fifteen birthday.

But eventually he found hope. Hope in the form of a letterbox reading Greene. The Greene family. He's gotten up the courage to knock on the door. An older man answered the door – and the rest was history. Now fast forward to almost two months since Hershel Greene took the Endicott in. Everett couldn't be more thankful for the man taking him I and treating him as if he were family. It was a blessing Everett was thankful he received.

"How's the view today Ev?" The voice of a very familiar woman asked as Everett turned to see Maggie Greene approaching him holding what looked to be binoculars. Maggie. She was Hershel oldest. At first she was hesitant on Everett staying to now the woman couldn't imagine life without him. Maggie was a kind woman who was always so kind to him. "As beautiful as it always is Mags." He said. She nodded as she stood in front of the ledge Everett was sitting on.