His Garden

It's already night but I could not sleep because I feel uncomfortable around Swad. I manage to convince Swad to go out at night because of my insomnia. A cup of coffee didn't help after countless of sleepless night. I sit on a bench near a water fountain, staring at the water intensely, still thinking hard about what I just saw.

'Those are just someone's memories. It's already in the past. But what does he means by he need a greater version of Nightberry to cure him?' Questions fill my kind. I feel like the more I know, the less I understand . I close my eye and trying to fall asleep. It was comfortable to sleep even though I'm still outside. Footsteps in the distance making me open my eye and growls at the certain skeleton.

"Ahhhh. I recognize that look, darling.  Am I in trouble? " According to his body language,  I know Swad can see dissapoinment in my eye.

"You bet you are!  You've been hiding things from me. You promised me that you won't harm anyone and tell me every little secret you have as long as I stay with you." Swad blinks slowly at me, head tilting to the side as he regards me.

" Have I...? You'll have to be more specific, darling. " Swad didn't look directly in my eye. I know he's hiding something from me. From the part Nightberry said about his sickness and I'm the cure, the curse, and his unhealthy obsession towards me. Everything are too much for me to bear in one day.

"You haven't told me anything about your time at the library in the stories about the myths section! And you were- you were with-" My cheeks flush a little. I still don't really know what I saw in the library.

"I thought you said you'd be more honest with me, you little shit. But the more I try to dig informations about you, the deeper I go, the less I understand." I grits my teeth when I thought about everything just happened in just a few days I 'live with him. He's really going under my nonexistent skin at this rate.

"Do those questions really bother you that much? " He sighs and leans back, regarding me with a fond, but otherwise unreadable expression.

"You only needed to ask, darling. Soo....  What do you want to know? " Swad looks at me fondly with his glowing yellow eyes. His eyes never leaving mine even though I try to look away.

"What does your curse do to you? I found a scroll and it told me about your condition but never told me what the curse do to you... I just curious- nothing more. " I look away from his eyes, the grass looks more interesting than the winged skeleton in front of me.

"Ahhhh....  You found my medical record that I got from my old friend. He curse was once called 'love sickness'.. Or that was he call it. I got this when one day I killed a witch's lover by using my aura because het lover is one of those people who hurts me and my brother. She put a curse on me when she heard the news that I killed her loved one. The curse make me obsessed over every little things I had my eyes on. Including you darling. " I can feel myself getting uncomfortable with him.

"And what do you mean by 'including myself' and- " Before I manage to continue my question, he grab my face, making me look directly at his eyes. As if the time freeze, I felt myself lost in his golden eyes and my body become numb, unable to control my hands to push him away. His face is only a few inches from mine. One light push, and his lips will be on mine.

"Darling...  No matter how many time I want to tell you, I can't. It will involve you in my case and I don't want you getting hurt. I know you're strong, Nightmare. But in order cure myself, I need you here with me. The real thing I need from you is something that you only got one in your life. I know it's something you'll never let me have it. Thats why you only need to be with me all the time. Your aura makes me better to control those curse. " Swad close his eyes and let me go. He sit on the bench that I sat before and look at the water fountain.