Chapter 4: The fight

Hours later, Slywanin woke up to a sharp pain in her shoulder. Her grandmother sat next to her.

"Grandmother," she whispered .
"Oh my dear child you are awake"
"What happened?"
"You were shot you are ok now just rest"

Even though she loved and respected her grandmother she needed to see her siblings, so as soon as Mo'at left, she got up and went to find her siblings. She spotted them next to their family hut, and headed over.
She grunted as she crouched down with them.

"Who are we stalking?"
Her sibling jumped, before turning about and all giving her hugs.
Lo'ak quickly explained what was going on, about their parents wanting to leave the forest.

When they all tuned back into the conversation, Sylwanin heard a voice she really didn't want to be hearing. Ever.

Tuk moved to sit in Sylwanins crouching lap as she often did. They all sat in silence as they listened to the conversation in the tent.
"She is our daughter, she is staying,"said L'ipo.
"She is not your daughter, she is ours,"said Neytiri angrily.

"Nin, are you not coming?" whispered Tuk, as she looked up at her big sister. The adults were still yelling.
"Not if I have anything to say about it." said Nin as she removed Tuk from her lap and sat her next to Kiri.

"Nin, come back" hissed Neytam, trying and failing to grab her hand.
"I'm going with them," she yelled, standing in the doorway. Everyone looked at her. She was holding back tears. She was still stressed from seeing her family almost die.

Her shoulder was throbbing in pain , now they were saying that she couldn't stay with them?! Neytiri could tell she was holding back tears.

"You are our child, you are staying,"said Row'lan, giving her a quick glance.
"Was I your daughter when you abandoned me at barely a month old? Was I your daughter when you came back after almost 3 funking years? No! I was never your daughter!" she yelled, not being able to control her emotions any longer. She would not let them see her cry, so she ran off.

Sylwanin sat behind a tree, her head between her legs. Soon enough, a shadow fell over her. She looked up and saw Neytiri giving her a soft look.

A motherly look. She knelt down, brushing the girl's hair off her face wiping her tears away nin didn't even realize that she was crying .

"Are you ok my daughter?"she whispered, holding her face in her hands.
"I'm sorry for yelling," Nin stuttered out, tears still falling. Neytiri brought Slywanins head to rest on her chest,

rubbing her back, feeling her tears still dropping.
"You are my daughter, you will forever be my child. I love you, I have loved you since the moment your mother and father put you in my arms. Your beautiful eyes looking up at me, and your little hands grabbing at my hair. Jake loves you too, as does Neytam, Lo'ak, Kiri and Tuk. I love you so much, I would fight tooth and nail for my children. You are coming with us."She said in a finalizing tone.

"Are you sure ?"Asked Nin.
"Never been more sure," Neytiri answered as she gave Slwanin a quick kiss on the forehead.
"Thank you Mum" she said as she dozed off to sleep. Neyteri beamed with pride.after a while neytiri woke nin up
The two women walked back to their home, all the other kids had gone to sleep. Jake was up waiting for them.

He gave Neytiri a look.
"Go to sleep, I will come and check on you in a moment" Neytiri whispered.
"Is everything ok "
"Fine Nin just go to bed" said Jake
Nin walked off an layed in bed.
"Is she ok?" Jake asked as Neytiri knelt in front of him.
"Fine, just scared. What did Row'lan and l'ipo say?"

"They are letting us take her, but we would've even if they said no"
In the kids room, when Nin came in, all the kids sat up.
"Nin are you ok?"asked Kiri, who lay in bed.
"Im fine" She answered shortly.

"There was a lot of shouting. I've never seen mum so mad" whisper Tuk.
"Tuk there is nothing to worry about, it will all be fine" Nin spoke softly to her little sister while the rest of kids had the same worried look on their faces.
"It will all be fine, I promise. Now get to sleep"
They all nodded at each other then lay down to go to sleep.

Nin thought of her words "It will all be fine." she muttered to herself. Those words were hard to believe. They felt like a lie in her mouth. After a while Neytiri came in and sat on the eage of Nins bed.

"Neytiri I understand if it is to dangerous to take me" Nin whispered
"My child you are coming, and Jake and I will always protect you" Neytiri spoke in a soft voice.
Nin gave her a little nod. Neytiri smiled, and kissed her on the forehead.
"Goodnight child"
"Goodnight Neytiri, love you"said Nin.
"Love you to, darling"