Chapter 3: the battle field

"GAAHHHHH" Sylwanin gave an angry ear splitting scream. Throwing her bow on the ground, it had been her fiftieth try and she was getting frustrated. She stomped in a circle, glaring at it, as if it had done wrong. She swiped it up again and shot at the target. Red rim. Again. "Okay, okay, calm down," She said.
Taking a few deep breaths.

She huffed. Yeah, as if that did anything. She rolled her eyes and drew back the string on her bow. She imagined the bullseye on her parents' faces. She smiled manaticly at that thought. She took a deep breath, and....
"Devi dog , I've got some eyes on some guys"

She cursed as the arrow flew upwards into the branches of the trees.
"Send in your traffic" Jake replied through the mic. Slywanin rolled her eyes as she drew another arrow. She didn't need to be bothered with this right now.
"...We're at the old shack..." Another arrow into the trees, but this one was from shock. The old shack? Ooohhh, they're gonna be in deep trouble for that one.
"Who's we?" Jake asked. This conversation had suddenly gotten a lot more interesting.
"Erm... Me, Kiri, Lo'ak, and.... Tuk." He finally said quietly. It was Slywanins turn to yell through the mic.

"WHAT?" She screamed.
"Nin?" Spider and Jake asked simultaneously.
"You're at the old shack, you've got eyes on boogies, AND TUK IS THERE?" She yelled in distress.

"Umm.... no, we're at the old shack, and we've got Tuk...."
Jake went ballistic before Slywanin could. "YOU LOST THEM?"
Lots of rustling and yelling followed from Spider's side of the mic.
"Who do we have here?" A new voice interrupted before Jake or Slywanin could go any further.

"Half breeds sir"
"Ahhhhhh, I see, you must be Jakes...." Slywanin paled as she heard the conversation continue. Then she started running toward the shack, careful to be as quiet as possible. Quaritch continued talking, but Slywanin blocked it out, focusing solely on getting to the shack. She made it in record time, and slowed down, until she was so quiet that, if she had been alone, you could have been able to hear a pin drop a mile away.

But she wasn't alone. About 10 meters in front of her, down on the ground, was several Avatar and some humans, gripping her siblings, and interrogating them. She drew back her arrow slowly, taking perfect aim.

It all happened in slow motion, as soon as the arrow left her grasp, it wooshed down, barely skimming Tuk's temple and smashed the guy through his open mouth. Shooting right out the back of his throat.

The intruders started shooting erratically. Unable to see where Slywanin came from. She leaped down from the high branch, landing skillfully on the forest floor. She pushed Tuk into the forest, out of the line of fire.

In a flash, she had drawn another arrow, and shot a second arrow through another avatar's heart. They had seen her. They raised their guns, and Slywanin widened her stance to fight.
"Hold your fire" A commanding voice spoke up. Slywanin grinned as the enemy looked around in confusion, trying to find the voice.

Before Quaritch could tell them to just shoot Sylwanin, Jake and Neytiri swung down from the trees and started firing arrows. Slywanin did the same. One hunter started shooting randomly.

A bullet lodged itself in between her shoulder blade and collar-bone. She ignored it, more focused on getting the hundred grip off her brothers. Before she could assist them, Jake dove his knife into the back of the hunter holding Naytam, while Neytiri shot an arrow through the head of the hunter holding Lo'ak.

"Run!" Jake screamed. Slywanin wasted no time in grabbing her brother's wrists and dragging them deeper into the jungle. They kept sprinting, until two figures leapt out of the trees in front of them.

Slywanin shoved her siblings behind her and drew her arrow.
"It's just us Sylwanin," Jake said, stepping into the light. "Relax." He paused, then his eyes zeroed in on Sylwanin's shoulder. "What did you do?"
Slywanin finally took notice of her bloody shoulder.

She started to feel light headed at the sight of her blood flowing out.
"Well, I didn't get shot, that's for sure" She said with a stupid grin as she fell to the ground, Jake catching her head before it hit a rock.