2 weeks later

Aonung pov 

The moonlight shone against the flower petals, and the rain dripped off of the leaves. Today would be the perfect day to propose, but I had been too busy working up the courage to actually do it. I had it all planned out, I had the ring – a pearl I had stolen from Nin, a bouquet of sun lilies, which beautifully absorbed the moonlight's glow, and I had the perfect setting.

I walked through the forest towards the beach. My breathing was soft and it felt lonely with nothing but the wind and sand to keep me company. I looked longingly at the ring in my hand, it would be perfect...

"But what if she doesn't say yes?..."

The thought of her rejecting me would be burned into my retnus, I thought deeply about it... Second guessing myself was going to be the death of me...

"Ngh... What if she says yes?..."

I held the ring gently in my hand and buried my face in my other hand.

I fell back onto the sand and I stared up at the ring, turning it around my fingers. The pearl was so smooth and everytime it caught the light, it shone. It would feel... lonely... Without Sylwanin... Moonlit nights would feel strangely empty, because when I'd call her name, there would be no answer...

"God Aonung..."

I sat up, holding my face in my hand and clutching the ring tightly in the other. I felt hopeless, she always knew what to say, and when to say it... She always believed me when no one else would... And I... I need her...

The sand was cold on my back and the rain lightly dripped onto my forehead, I watched the night sky and the rain, I felt the raindrops fell onto my face, my hands, my body, but not the ring. It was protected in my hand, safe from the rain. I sighed, taking it all in. She was all I could think about, even when she wasn't there... I remembered our first meeting... Where'd all the time go?... I get so forgetful when I look into her eyes, all I can think about is how there's nothing to keep her from falling in love with somebody else... Somebody... Somebody who isn't me...

"Where'd all the time go Aonung..."

I feel a tap on my shoulder, it was all too familiar... Raya.

"Talking to yourself again?"

Raya spoke sarcastically, she was like that. She leaned back, but kept standing.

I curiously looked at Raya, she glared at me in response.

"You gonna propose yet? Or just keep acting like a baby and avoid it?"

Her words were harsh and I flinched at the comment, it wouldn't upset me normally... Why today?... Why now...

"You can't just keep acting sad, if you want to be with her, do it! The only enemy you seem to lose too is yourself! Sort it out before she finds somebody else to love her!"

She was stern, she brought back her hand and struck it against my face, leaving a purple mark where she hit me.

"Well!?"

I didn't say anything but I held my cheek and looked shamefully at the water, sighing and looking back at her, but not at her eyes, they were like arrows, ready to pierce through my skin.

"She doesn't see what we see Aonung! If you don't propose, she'll assume you now don't care anymore, you've been together for ages now! She doesn't see things the way we see things when death is staring at us, she's been through hell and back! Give her this one thing!"

I watch as Raya storms off, glaring at me over her shoulder, she was right... So right...

"I-"

Raya paused, turning her head back, there was anger in her voice as she spoke.