🌟 CHAPTER 29 🌟

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"You are gonna be fine Jennie. Nothing is gonna happen to you. I won't let anything take you away from me, from your mom." I said squeezing her hand lightly.

I cannot even demonstrate how pathetic I felt seeing her lying in a stretcher with all those tubes connected to her body. She was on life support and as soon as they removed it, it was over. I was just tooo scared to even move my eyes away from her as I thought she would just disappear if I did so. Whyy God ? Why are you so cruel ? I had so much going on in my mind but there was one thing that needed to be done. However hard it was, I had to do it. I took out my phone from my pocket and dialled a number.

"Jungkook, I called you so many times. Why aren't you guys picking up my calls ? You made me so worried. Btw, how's the wedding going ?" Auntie starting talking joyfully as soon as she picked up the call.

I couldn't bring any words out of my mouth. I wanted to say something but my dry throat wouldn't let me. I gathered all my strength and finally brought words out of my mouth.

"Auntie...." I said between my sobs.

"Jungkook!!! Are you okay ? Why are you crying ? And where's Jennie, I want to talk to her." Auntie said which made my heart clench.

"Please come to the Presbyterian Hospital as soon as you can." I said as my sobs began to grow.

"A hospital ? Why ? Is everything okay ? Speak up, Jungkook. You are scaring me." Auntie said with so much concern in her voice.

"Please get there first Auntie, I'll explain everything." I said and cut the call not wanting to scare her even more.

"See. Your mom was so scared. How will she react when she knows what actually happened ? You have to be strong Jennie for her, for me. We need you." I said looking at Jennie who was still lying there lifelessly.

After a few minutes we reached the hospital.

"Doctor, please help us. It's an emergency." I said as I ran to one of the head doctors there.

"Don't worry, Sir. We'll take it from here. Nurse take her to the ICU. Examine the situation, I'll be there." The doctor said as he ran to the other side. He picked his equipments up and went back to the ICU.

After 2 minutes he came out of the ICU.

"I'm so sorry Sir, but the patient's condition is very critical. We have to do an open heart surgery, there's no other option. We have to operate her heart and remove the blockages." The doctor said with a blank face.

"Will she be okay after that ?" I asked hoping for a positive response.

"I cannot guarantee that but we'll try our best. Survival rate for open heart surgeries is very low, just to let you know. So we'll need permission to start the surgery. Are you the patient's relative ?" The doctor asked.

"No I'm her family friend. She considers me as her brother." I said.

"I'm sorry Mr, only blood relatives can sign the documents granting permission for the surgery." The doctor said.

"Her mother is on the way." I replied.

"Then we'll have to wait." The doctor said.

"Don't do this doctor please. She's lying there fighting for her life while you are just denying to do the surgery due to some bullshit paper work. What kind of a doctor are you ?" I said being angry.

"I'm sorry Sir. We cannot go against the formalities." The doctor plainly said.

As we were arguing, I heard a familiar voice.