🌟 CHAPTER 33 🌟

TAEHYUNG'S POV

The doctors carried out various tests and examinations for Jennie and fortunately all the results were positive. She was healing. It would take a lot of time for her to be completely fine but atleast the process had started. I never left her side. I was always there if she needed anything. I missed her so damn much that my heart just didn't want me to go out of her sight. After a while, all of us had lunch. Jennie still was not in a condition to eat solid food so we gave her different energy drinks and a little amount of processed foods in the form of a paste so that it was easy for her to eat it. The entire evening we were catching up on the stuff that happened in both of our lives in the past few months. Now it was night time and Jennie told me earlier that she wasn't allowed to go home yet. She had to stay at the hospital for 2-3 days. So somebody had to be with her for the entire night. And I gladly volunteered.

"Jungkook, I think it's gotten too late now. We have a condo here in NY, take Auntie there and let her rest." I said looking at him.

"No, Taehyung. I'm fine. I just want to be with my daughter. I don't want to go home." Jennie's mom said.

"I can understand Auntie but you need to rest too. You are also still in the healing process of your cancer treatment and Jennie won't like it if you get sick, right Jennie ?" I asked.

"Yes mom. Please have a lot of rest and take care of yourself. I'm fine now. Nothing will happen to me. Stop being worried." Jennie said as she smiled at her mom.

"Trust me Auntie I'll take very good care of your daughter. I'll be there next to her the entire night. She'll be safe with me. I won't let her go through any more pain." I said assuring her mom.

"I trust you Taehyung. Please don't disappoint me." Jennie's mom said.

"I would never." I said as I handed the keys of my condo to Jungkook.

"Mom, Dad, Lisa. You guys should also go with them and get some rest. Today was indeed very hectic. Everybody deserves some sleep after all that." I said looking at Lisa.

"Yes. You are right. We'll leave too. Take care Jennie. You too Tae. You guys have some rest too. Don't try to do anything antique, she still hasn't recovered." Lisa said making me blush.

"Ofcourse not Big sister." I said and pushed her out of the room.

"Bye guys. Have a great night." Lisa said making both of our parents giggle.

After a while all of them left for the condo. There were only two people left in the room. Me and Her. I asked the hospital staff to arrange for a mattress for me to sleep on. They returned with one not long after. They layed it in the floor besides Jennie's bed. After they were done they left and I quickly went over to Jennie.

"Sleep tight baby. Your body must be so tired of enduring all that pain. It needs relaxation and rest. Tell me if you need anything, I'll be right here. I have a lot to talk about but right now but you need to have an amazing beauty sleep." I said as I kissed her forehead.

"Yess, Tae. You also must be so tired of all that happened today. You need to rest too. But are you really comfortable sleeping on that mattress ?" She asked.

"Don't worry about me. In more that comfortable as long as I get to see my to-be-wife sleep peacefully on the bed besides me." I said making her cover her face to hide her flushed cheeks.

"Goodnight Darling." I said as I came back to my mattress and laid on it.

"Tae, I'm not able to sleep." She said after a few minutes.

"Aww. What's wrong baby ?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just don't feel at ease." She replied.

"I have an idea." I said.